Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Orange/Black Blazer brought to life...and died within 18 hrs.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mountainexplorer, Aug 23, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I finally finished piecing together my "economy project" on Wednesday, that is, a '75 Blazer that I'm trying to get together and running/looking decent for under $1300.

Most of the parts Ive been using are leftovers from other projects/parts trucks, and other parts I've traded for.

Fired up the SB400 I traded some running gear for, and within about 18 hours of backing out of the garage, I had a blown head gasket. Never overheated, never even got very warm, but I suddenly had coolant flooding out #4 and #6 cylinders. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif

Oh well, at least it looks decent from a distance. (or ugly, depending on how you perceive it).

Pics:
    Before: http://community.webshots.com/photo/38184659/38230134HHecfm

Now: http://community.webshots.com/photo/38184659/48027434CUeAmR

Plus, a few other shots of the Blazer in the same album. Aren't most people able to put an engine in a vehicle only one time, instead of 2-4 different swaps? Must be me. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

2. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

ok, just went through all of your pics labled "the fleet" Holey F-ing Sh!t!!! are those all yours?!?!!?!!?! you're either not married or have the most amazing wife in the world! like the first gen jimmy. gotta lose the school busses though /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. mountainexplorer

I'm not married yet. I figure, I'll try to get most of the projects going before I'm married. I don't have alot of money either... I've just accumulated a bunch of "stuff". The '72 will probably sit stored in the garage for another 7-10 yrs before I get to it. Couldnt pass up both busses for $500.

4. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

Or you could just never get married.....

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

wanna give that suburban to me i'll take it off your hands for ya. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/wink.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. mountainexplorer

No, I think I gotta get married. I just have to wait for the right girl...one who will be willing to work on stuff in the garage with me and who'll want to have a rig to work on for herself. Theres gotta be one out there!

7. mountainexplorer

I think I want to keep the Suburban. And everything else. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif