Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Orange grill-light's

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Espen88k5, Jun 3, 2000.

1. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

Orange grill-light\'s

Help needed, will be trying to get this working later today.
    In Norway they do not alow the orange lights in the grill to be on with the low-beams.. So they disconnect them on the border.. They work as turn-signal only, not even park.

There are blue, brown and black wires going into each lamp.
    blue :power when flash
    brown:has power when in park, light's do not go on though.
    black:no idea, probably ground.

How do I go about getting a switch to give me the option to drive with these lights combined with lowbeams?

I allready have a wire drawn from a switch concealed in the ashtray. That has <font color=red>+</font color=red> on it, but started thinking maybe I need to ground the lamps to get power???
    Help me think this trough.......

<font color=blue>Espen88k5</font color=blue>

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    Re: Orange grill-light\'s

If I'm correct, you want your brown connected through a relay to your low beam power, black is ground and blue is flasher.

I may be wrong. Best of luck tho.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

Re: Orange grill-light\'s

Your lights are already grounded if they "light up" as turn signals. You should have something similar to an 1157 type dual element bulb.(At least you did before the change at the border) They may have swapped in a single element to eliminate the "parking lights". You might verify that first. If they left the wiring alone that would be my guess. You should be able to run a "hot wire" +12 volts to the bown wire and get light. One element (the turn signal) will be brighter than the other. Good luck!

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm