Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Orbit eye.......anyone heard of them?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tRustyK5, Feb 10, 2001.

1. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Anyone heard of orbit eye springs? I saw this on another board and thought I'd share. As far as I can see they're Toyota only but I checked their catalog and you can buy the orbit eye 'bushings' separately too.

[​IMG]

38 degrees of movement without binding!

Here's a link to the site :<A target="_blank" HREF=http://aor4x4.com/orbit-eyepoly-eye.htm>http://aor4x4.com/orbit-eyepoly-eye.htm</A>

Tell me what you think, could this be made to work for our K5's? Anyone see any drawbacks?

Rene

[​IMG]

2. rock.monkey

rock.monkey 1/2 ton status

Iv'e seen these too...had the same thoughts.

Bill Innes
    88' Jimmy

Built for <font color=blue>Function</font color=blue> <font color=red>NOT</font color=red> <font color=blue>Fashion</font color=blue>

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

How stable are they at 80 mph when you hit a pothole?
    Just wondering...
    -- Mike

4. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

They look interesting. I would find out more about the aluminum spanner nuts (rings). What grade/strength is the aluminum? It says rust proof aluminum, but all aluminum is rust proof. It's not corrosion proof, however, and you could get corrosion from the dissimilar metal contact since they screw directly into steel. Also, it looks like a special tool is necessary to install the spanner nuts. Is that tool included?

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

5. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>I've seen these around too. How much would they be? The only drawback I could see is price and mabye extra body roll.</font color=blue>

[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>pavement queen with shinny paint job and car tires</font color=blue>

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

In their catalog section they sell the orbit eye by itself for $50. Kind of spendy but it sure would help it flex. I'm thinking of these in the front where I could have the sway bar keep the body roll down to a minimum, then disconnect for the trail.

Rene

[​IMG]