Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD 1inch add-a-leaf for the front?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by HispanicPanic, Mar 29, 2001.

1. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

im thinking if their is anything wrong with doing the ORD 1 inch add-a-leaf up front to give me 6.5 inches since my baby has probably sagged about .5 inch since my home made lift what do you think i mean it is a leaf and not a block although it'll probably LOOK dangerous i dont think it is or is it? thanx for any feed back

NOT ALL HISPANICS DRIVE LOW RIDERS :-)

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

No, it won't be dangerous because the 1" "block" becomes part of the leaf pack when they are all bolted together. If the leaf pack just sat on the block and were not bolted together, then yes, that would be dangerous since the block could kick out. I believe Stephen had a post somewhere about using this set up on the front springs. He even gave it "thumbs up". I had a set of 8" front and rear springs and installed the 1" add-a-leaves to all four springs. Today, those springs are on BLzr4x4ngkids ride. Give him a holler to see how he likes the set up.

3. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

That's right.......Wes with his shout out! Sup dude?! Yeah, I have his old springs with the 1" ORD addy's. They work great and look great too. No problems with them andddddddd......yeah, that's it. Any questions, give me a ring. hahaha Later.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

4. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

thanx for the feed back guys and special thanx to thatK30guy who always throws in his .02 when i ask a ?

NOT ALL HISPANICS DRIVE LOW RIDERS :-)

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Those add-a-leafs are probably stronger than a degree shim, but keep an eye on them!! I had a degree shim break and fall out on me. It was bolted directly to the spring. I felt somethingn wrong, but we couldn't figure out what. I limped it home.. ABout a 1/2 ile from home, I went to make a turn and the blazer went striaght and then violently to the way I was turning it. Scared the poop out of me(well not literally)....

Just keep an eye on anything you add to the front leaf packs.

BTW, when the shim broke, it broke the main spring bolt also and the axle could move under the spring.

I have learned a lesson, if it doesn't feel right, trailer or tow it!!!

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

"He who uses a winch...... Is tired of yankin!"

6. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Although I realize many people use them in the front, I personally would not use them in the front. Broken centering bolts are farily common.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd