Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD add a leafs w/ shims??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wakedog, Sep 27, 2002.

1. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

I have shims in the frontend, now when i install the add a leafs would these go on top of the add a leafs or under?? Thanks

2. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Just to clarify....the ORD product is the Zero-Rate. That's what we're talking about, right?

If so, the zero-rate will bolt to the existing spingpack using the new spring pin supplied with the kit....My guess is that your shims are not designed to be bolted to the pack, so they would simply go underneath the "new" springpack/zero-rate assembly.

If the shims ARE designed to bolt to the pack, I'd still put them on the very bottom. Otherwise you are going to "tweak" the spring bolt by shimming it in the middle.

....Hard to explain, but hoepfully you got the idea. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. wakedog

wakedog 1/2 ton status

Thanks Greg. Ya i was talking about the zero rates sorry for the confusion. As of now the the shims are bolted to the leafs spings with the center pin. I think i am going to bolt the shim to the pack underneath the ORD zero rate.