Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD and Superior tag team me...or, another ORD saga for the ages

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Desert Rat, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Ok, I alluded to something that ORD was doing good for me in another post ( This thread here ) and now I can talk about it since it is a done deal.

A while back I figured in the true spirit of overkill, I would order some replacement axle shafts for my Corp14ff. I saw ORD was now a distributor for Superior. And, they made a replacement set for the Corp14ff. They make several axles, but the one I decided to order was the one they call a "High Quality" replacement axle, and it also comes in their "Evolution" kit. It is basically a 1541 induction hardened axle shaft that is supposed to be more durable than stock. I figured I would swap them in, and keep the stockers for spares. I dish out about $340 to ORD and make the order.

In no time, I have a nice big box on my front porch along with all the other goodies I mentioned in the other thread. However, I pull out the axles from the Superior box and am majorly dissappointed to say the least. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif These axles not only look like somebody's trade ins /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif, but they are worse looking than my stockers. In fact, they are identical except in worse condition. I take a deep breath and call ORD. I have a little chat with Steve W and let him know what happened. Steve is very cool on the phone and promises to look into it. Just to give him more info, I take some digital pics of the shipped axles next to my current axles. Well, over the course of the next couple of weeks, Steve goes to bat for me with Superior. They correspond, we correspond, and how does it get resolved?

Did Superior tell Steve "Hey, you are a new distributor, we are the big boys on the block, take a number and we will get back to you?" Did Superior blow Steve off on the product? Did Superior own up to a mistake? Oh yes, they did all this and more. Superior acknowledges that they shipped the wrong product and promised to make it right. They explained to Steve that they were currently out of the blanks for the axles that I ordered. Did Superior tell Steve that he was SOL and would have to wait? Au Contraire. Not only did Superior expedite my order, they told Steve that they would roll out a custom set of Chromolly 4340 axles not just for me, but for Steve as well. Superior valued him as a distributor, and I as a customer. These axles are considerably more expensive than the ones I ordered. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

Today I came home to another Superior box sitting on my porch containing both 4340 chromolly axles for my Corp14ff at no additional cost to me. These bad boys are fat, fat, fat, and heavy. We are talking extreme here. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif They also forgot to pick up the wrong axles, but will have UPS come by later and take them no charge. This is the type of service that I have experienced so far with Steve and ORD. I have to take my hat off to his silver tongue in working with Superior to take care of his customers. And, a big thumbs up to Superior for going overboard to make it right for their distributors and customers. I'm happier than a pup with two peters.....

You can see bigger versions on my webshots, but here are some pics:

Superior Axles
    [​IMG]
    Superior Axles
    [​IMG]
    Superior vs. stock
    [​IMG]
    Superior vs. stock
    [​IMG]
    Superior vs. stock
    [​IMG]

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

right on congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif good to see both company's step up and make things right /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Wow those a nice! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

4. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I knew ORD was a great company to do business with. Glad to hear Superior is as well.

5. rooferbret

rooferbret 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

RIGHT ON /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

Very good to hear about the good companies out there! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Oh yeah!?

Well one time I was putting in my frame brace and I had trouble threading the nut on the larger center bolt because the bolt kept falling out. Steve came by and held the bolt! After I was done with that he tuned up my truck, organized my tools, cooked me some bratwurst, help me ink a few sketches, defragmented my hard drive with his mind, and then bought me a bottle of diet sunkist , sand me a song, and left. I cried for hours. He's almost as cool as Spickler!

Glad to hear everything worked out! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. Desert Rat

Hootenanny! I think the man is up for the Nobel Peace Prize. He did the same for me! Except that he brought a whole flock of the local Hooters girls with him and I cooked them some "bratwurst"..... Come on, gather round, after a couple of verses of Kumbaya, we are going down to the local shelter to donate some time... "We are the world, we are the children...." (Micheal, get your hands off him and get over here for the chorus......)

10. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Did you get me confused with steve fox, that kind of behavior sounds like his gig. Except for the holding the bolt part. I hear he's not very good with tools.

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    This should be good....

11. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I hear he's not very good with tools.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That may be, but he sure can groove a tire /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

BWT: Killer axles!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

12. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh yeah!?

Well one time I was putting in my frame brace and I had trouble threading the nut on the larger center bolt because the bolt kept falling out. Steve came by and held the bolt! After I was done with that he tuned up my truck, organized my tools, cooked me some bratwurst, help me ink a few sketches, defragmented my hard drive with his mind, and then bought me a bottle of diet sunkist , sand me a song, and left. I cried for hours. He's almost as cool as Spickler!

Glad to hear everything worked out! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Your out there man, waaay out there! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Well here's the story that endeared Spickler to me so much

I go to his house, to buy his tires. I'm supposed to get some old crap rims he found for me. To save time he gave me the nice rims. After blathering on and on, he says "Hey, looks like you're missing a lug nut"

He goes running into the garage, throwing things left and right, finds a lugnut, finds the proper socket and breaker, quickly I might add, and does a running baseball slide down to the tire. It was like going to a tire shop with really fast and proper service.

The only thing I got from you was a phone call when my debit card got rejected, and that wasn't even you! What a gip! Only have subordinates call me when you don't get your grubby hands on my money, eh?

[​IMG]

"Here we see a melted half assed rigged fuel injection fuse holder all meltied to bits, I will no preceed to chew on the wires untill it goes so I can go buy you breakfast RJ"

Orange juice! He ponied up for orange juice!

He did make a lame joke about redneck wire strippers when he was playing rat on the rat. Plus he's short. I made a theme song for him though, so I guess there's no turning back!

14. Desert Rat

Uh oh, he's got that look on his face like either the IRS is removing his wallet, or Bubba, the ex-cellmate, just put both hands on his shoulders..... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

15. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Damn, busted doing something - there goes my reputation of an out of work playboy. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif