Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD crossover questions, looking for thoughts please.....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camok10, May 3, 2004.

1. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

I am going to doin a crossover setup on my K10 here in a few weeks, and I have been looking at ORD and the kits at bulletproofsteering.com. Now, before all you fans of ORD start booing and hissing at me (im a fan too), it seems at first glance there would be quite a price difference between the full kits. Now i know that strength, safty and reliability are number one on any right minded persons list, but $ is also a determining factor when you are a starving student.

People who have done kits from ORD, what was your total price: high steer arm, tie rod, draglink, ends? everything but the box and pitman arm.

Sometimes i have a hard time seeing clearly through vision clouded with $$$ problems... make me a believer....I need support. (remember the bike fall) /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

one last thing....this may be a stupid question, but it seems that to get a correct drag link measurment, one would need to mount the 2wd box up, and the high steer arm on the passenger side prior to measuring or ordering a kit. is this nessasary, right?

thanks a bunch.

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

It appears to me that their prices are insane compared to ORD. (much higher) His so called crossover, "kit" doesn't even include a steering arm, the most important part.

I'd go with ORD or Sky.

My total price, besides the 2wd box, was $319. That includes pitman arm, drag link with ends, steering arm, studs, nuts, and shipping to get that stuff to my door.

My stuff came from Sky though, not ORD.

3. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

You can measure from the center of the sector shaft to the center of the right hand side ball joint. It will be the same either way. I just got done with helping harley (Hossbaby50) on his x-over install. He has SKY and I recomend them right next to ORD. I did my 60 from ORD cause the price is close enough and I just like their 60 stuff better. Tim has the sky stuff and it is great too. Those are the two top shops for x-over IMO. They both produce good producs and are very friendly/knowledgable. So I can narrow it down to two shops (leaning towards SKY for D44 and ORD for D60).