Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD crossover steering

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by destinbeachman, Oct 17, 2006.

1. destinbeachman

destinbeachman 1/2 ton status

Just got my crossover steering setup from ORD this morning and I have one thing to say-these guys make BEEF!The draglink and ends are frigging burly!

2. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Out of curiosity did you ask for the CK5 discount? I ordered mine yesterday and whoever answered the phone didn't seem enthusiastic about giving it to me, and when he gave me the total for parts it seemed high...i'll see when I get the invoice i guess.

3. destinbeachman

Doh! It never occured to me to ask if we got one or not.If so,how much?That's news to me.

4. B_to_C

5. destinbeachman

That just about sucks.Well,I will be getting the rest of the parts needed for the high steer before too long and I'll see if they will set me straight then.Thanks much for bringing it to my attention-Allen

6. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

When I ordered my gear from them (cross over, braces etc etc) they were so helpful and got all my parts tto where I needed them , when I needed them (to take back to England with me) that I didn't even want to ask for discount. Then seeing the quality of the parts was the icing on the cake.
    Good service deserves to be paid for I reckon. Just my opinion.

7. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That post was from August. I bet they aren't doing the 5% discount on crossover deal anymore.

8. destinbeachman

Said they will give me a discount on the rest of the stuff needed for the high steer.Not exactly sure what I think of that.

9. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have bought lots of stuff from ORD and have always been happy with the quality. the one thing that I hate is when I call to order something the price is always higher then what is on the internet, usually just a few dollars. I tell them this, and the fact that they have about $2000 of my money already and they apologize for the difference, but I still gotta pay the higher price.

10. B_to_C

UPDATE:

Well after looking at my invoice, I did not get a discount :rolleyes:

The only thing that really erks me about this situation is that I specifically asked for the discount, and he acknowledged that I asked for it, said "Yea, I think we're still doing that" and then proceeded to charge me full price for the kit. And because I'm in CO I had sales tax on top of it (which admitidly would not have been greatly changed with the $40 discount, but it's still something).

For anyone that says "just give 'em a call they'll take care of it"...it's not like I'll be ordering anything from them again for them to "make up for it":rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::mad:

11. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

I have to say that I have not always had the best experience with them. Everything always goes fine on the phone, but when my stuff arrives it's like it was packed by someone with ADD. I placed a fairly large order once, (when they had the 10% off around Christmas) and they ended up having to ship to me about 4 times just to get everything to me. Even stuff that was supposed to be together was missing. Each time I called they were pleasant to deal with, but I'm glad it wasn't crunch time, and I was trying to get it done quick or something. Since I wasn't in a hurry, I didn't sweat it much.

But, when I ordered my front upper shackle bushing kits a while back, it came without the bolts. :doah: So, I called them up to tell them. They told me what size to get at the hardware store. :mad: I explained that I had already bought some bolts from them. :deal: And that I wanted them. Then they wanted to send me stickers, instead of my bolts.. :rolleyes: WTF? If you're going to go to the trouble of sending something, send my bolts! :crazy: When we hung up, I was under the impression that they were then going to send the bolts, and the stickers as a "sorry we messed up" .. but a week or two later I got stickers. :doah: :doah:

I was so disgusted I didn't bother to mess with it anymore. I don't know if they are just so busy that perhaps they are short handed or what. I know that every order I have gotten has been messed up though. I do like the things that I have bought there. My hi-steer/x-over, shackle flip and many other items. But, I also feel pretty relieved that I don't have to deal with them anymore too. Now I have a big ol' ORD decal, instead of bolts, that I don't even feel like putting on my K5. :o

12. destinbeachman

I am expecting the rest of my highsteer stuff today and I'll see then if I was done right or not.They might have charged me full price on that gear too.I like the products that I have so far and am totally a believer in supporting those who support the off-roading community.However,they aren't the only guys in the universe who make the stuff,y'know?We'll see.

13. fireplug

fireplug 1/2 ton status

It does seem like maybe they are understaffed, maybe the business is growing too fast? I called earlier in the summer to order a steering box brace and to question about the winch mount and tube bumper.

The guy on the phone had no idea that they sold a bumper, actually argued the fact with me, so I pointed out the web site. Puts me on hold returns saying ok yeah they do but he still doesn't know how much it is. So I asked :doah:about the winch mount alone. Of course he didn't realize that they sell that separately either. Puts me on hold and comes back saying again that they do sell it but they don't know how much it is.

Ok so I order my brace and he tells me he will call me back to tell me how much the other parts are. That's cool. Called me back a few days later. I got the message, and decided it wasn't worth it. I got another message a couple of days later giving me the info again. WTF? Another couple of days pass and this time I pick up the phone, it's this guy asking if I want to order the bumper or winch mount. I said no thanks. Then he asks if I still want the brace. They hadn't sent it yet. :mad:

In the end the brace came, all the parts were there and good product.

That was my second purchase from them. The first went flawlessly, and the gear is great. I'll shop there again.

14. destinbeachman

Gave me a discount of $36.00 on the whole setup.$774 before shipping.I'm not knocking them-the quality is there for sure.I just seem to remember the prices being different on the website.They might think about updating it.Anyway,glad to have the parts,they do look pretty dope.-Allen

15. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

these stories are becoming more and more common. growing pains i suppose.

16. blazindorito

blazindorito 1/2 ton status

I ordered the bolt in steering brace and i received bolts that were grade 5. I paid a lot of money for that brace and I expected to at least get grade 8 bolts. I called them and they told me that, that was a way of keeping the cost down to us the customer and I didn't get the ck5 discount either after asking for it. I ordered the bolt in and weld in kit, a pair of zero rates, and something else, can't remember. The quality is good but I haven't shopped there since.

17. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I've bought sooo much from them and only had one problem... they gave me 2 right hand thread tie rod ends.. other than that I've always had great service from them... the shipping seams to take awhile sometimes thats why I always orderd things before I tear apart my rig....