Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD doubler

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigd, Dec 10, 2000.

1. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Finally got the parts and the money too order a doubler kit.I was wondering if anybody had any floor board clearance problems.Like you had too lower it any or such.If you did or didn't could you tell me what year your blazer is.They mentioned this on there web site and was just tring too get a survey from the people that already have one installed.Thanks BigD

2. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

I am installing mine tommorrow so I'll let you know what issues if any are involved. Hopefully by Wed. I'm finally driving it home.

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

a i or 2 inch body lift helps, the one in mine is as close to the body as it can be. Yet the 205 still hangs down 1 inch more than it did before

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

4. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

I just got through installing it in my 90 model. I can tell you all the issues involved with putting it in a newer Blazer. You should not have any of the problems that I have ran into though. I did put the 1" body lift on. I raised the 205 as high as I could, but then I had to take the fan shroud off, as the fan was hitting the bottom, even after I trimmed as much as I could off of it. I am going to replace the radiator shortly anyway so I am just letting it go for now. I had two new driveshafts made since I went from the 241 case to the doubler. I think that I am going to have to have the rear shaft converted to a CV joint, as I now have a pretty good vibration. I also went ahead and did the double crossmembers just like on the ORD website.