Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD Gen2 Doubler Question!

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by JeffHK5, Mar 19, 2005.

1. JeffHK5

JeffHK5 1/2 ton status

I got my stuff from ORD and it looked great! My first question is when I ordered my Gen2 I was going to use th350/203 combo but then things changed. I found a th400/203 from 3/4 ton that I now want to put in front of my 205. My question is,are there any differences in the install from the 350 to the th400?

Does ORD offer a kit to upgrade the 30 spl. front output to 32spl.? If not can you point me in the right direction?
    Thankyou Jeff

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

No problems at all switching trannies like that, about the only thing that would cause you a problem is trying to bolt it into a dodge or a ferd.
    If you were changing after it was all installed you would have to deal with the length change but it doesn't sound like you're there yet.
    We have a few used 32 spl. front output shafts but unless you're planning on getting really hairy with the power and tires (and using front wheel drive hard) the 30 spline is pretty good. You can bolt any CV up to it and I generally recommend using a CV on the front driveshaft anyway so it might be a place to just hold what you have.