Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD Greasable bolts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 90K5, Nov 8, 2000.

1. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I put some Tuff Country springs on my rig a few weeks ago and now I'm hearing a bunch of squeaks from them. I'm pretty sure that the bushings that were in the front springs are poly. Am I right? I know the back ones are rubber, but the fronts are obviously not rubber. I also put some Energy Suspension bushings in the shackle for the rear. Has anyone gotten these greasable bolts? How do they work, and how much $$$? Also I got some Energy Suspension bushings for the front shackle in the frame, but I decided it was too much of a PITA to change the ones in there that didn't look too bad, so if anyone wants them, just pay for 'em and they're yours. Just send me a private message.

90K5

2. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

I think Stephen gets $5 a bolt. Mine never sqeek. I have the bolts all the way around. I think It really helps

79 Blazer 6"lift 35's locked/4:56

3. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I just went to the ORD site and saw that they are only for the rear bushings. Is this right? Also, is it possible to buy just the bolts and not he bushings? I have brand new ones that I like.

90K5

4. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

You will have to check with ORD to be sure, but I was thinking that the bushings are grooved to allow the grease to flow through them.
    Also, did you grease the new bushings when you installed them or did you put them in dry. I put poly bushings in my springs years ago with lots of grease and I have never heard a squeak.

5. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Got a complete set of ORD greasable bolts. They told me that they have put this set together because of steves report on this web page. I got a complete upper and lower bolt set for my 71 blazer. You should use the bushings that they send with the bolts because they are groved for the grease. buy they you'll love them