Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD help.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by TDAWG1, Mar 9, 2006.

1. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

How much are there shackles. I need some. They must be swamped or something cause I E-mailed them twice and no response yet. I guess it must be an EASTER thing huh...NAHHHHH

2. Bushido

Bushido Registered Member

I e-mailed a week ago,no response either.---I'm going to just order allready.I'll take the chance,hope I don't end up with a problem like some guys with WMS,LMC,etc...

3. TDAWG1

good IDEA

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

5. skelly1

skelly1 1/2 ton status

Call them. I did a couple weeks ago and no issues. The parts were here within a week.

6. Bushido

Mahalo, I had a question about shipping since I'm in Hawaii.I don't want to wait forever for my parts.---I ended up buying some of my parts from 4-wheel parts allready but still need some stuff from ORD.---Aloha!

7. TDAWG1

Yeah thanx C how smart I am. So here is a question. I was told that the front Shackles would lift my front end a little because they are longer. How can I keep it level with this new lift I got? Do they come in a stock size? Please advise me oH wise Internet people. Thanx a lot guys.

8. wkbrdrob

wkbrdrob Registered Member

i did a 4in shackle reversal, 4in front springs and ORD HD front shackles and my truck sits level.....

9. TDAWG1

That was keeping your stock rear hangers?

10. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

You really need to call them, they are pretty busy and sometimes they never will answer their emails. However, I will tell you that they are more than happy to answer all your questions and they make sure you get what you want. I have ordered many things from them, braces, shackles, crossover, bushings...and I have never once had a problem with them. I have on order right now a body lift and they even tracked down some 5/8"s greaseable bolts for me, I almost made the bolts myself but they said just get the poly bushings and theyll get the bolts. Which is nice because they dont make greaseables for the setup I am running. I will not hesistate to buy something else from them.

11. Bushido

Ord

Glad to hear positive feedback about ORD.I know they sponsor this forum so I would like to patronize them.---For me price is not the most important thing.In Hawaii,everything is expensive.Service on the other hand is a must.If a company gives me chitty service,they will never see my money again,if they take care of me like they should,they'll have a customer for life.---Will definitely give ORD a try.

12. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

You are talking about the FRONT AXLE SHACKLES....everyone thinks you are talking about the REAR AXLE SHACKLES. Make sure you let people know 'cause that ain't the correct link...it seems you are talking about these....

http://www.offroaddesign.com/catalog/hdshackles.htm

They are 1/2" longer, so pretty much, it'll lift the front of your truck a whopping 1/4"...not enough to worry about.

The other guy did the shackle reversal kit on the REAR, which the lift depends on which reversal kit you buy. You are supposed to use the stock shackles on the reversal kits.

13. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

You have to call them.

14. wkbrdrob

wkbrdrob Registered Member

Well the "hangers" are replaced with the shackle flip kit. If you are referring to the actual shackles themselves, then yes, they are stock, they are not the ORD HD Shackles.

15. TDAWG1

SOooo. What you guys are saying is... I should call them!