Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD jimmy is in TTC

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, Jul 3, 2001.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

how many of you guys subscribe to FOUR WHEELER? if you do you would know that the green ORD jimmy is in TOP TRUCK CHALLENGE this year. this year top truck is mostly fullsize trucks :). the compedators are:
    '78 jeep cj-7
    '85 chevy s-10
    '72 suburban
    '82 jeep cj-7
    '63 dodge m37
    '82 gmc jimmy
    '86 toyota pickup
    '80 chevy c30
    '77 ford f-150
    '30 ford
    i hope that the sub or the jimmy wins!!

scott,
    1989 suburban 3/4t 4" lift soon to be rollin on 35s, tbi350

2. bigredblazer

bigredblazer 1/2 ton status

I've known for about three months, if you go to ORD's website you can see who won! Jon

3. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

ummm I don't know how to put this. That is old news, they have already had the TTC, Steve (ORD) got 2nd place. Sorry.

Dawson
    Raleigh, NC

88 K5, 4" lift, 33" BFG muds

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Scott, it's too bad you didn't find this site a little earlier! Gokartergo (Dan) lives right by Hollister and 'snuck' in to take pics of the TTC, which is over by the way. You need to go back quite a few pages to search for the pictures and results.

BTW, the '72 Sub won 1st place. ORD '82 Jimmy got 2nd place, and the old '30 Ford got 3rd place.

<font color=red>I m so we Todd did.
    I m sofa king we Todd did.</font color=red>

5. muddysub

AW MAN i always find out stuff later than every body else!! sorry for wasting your time.

scott,

6. muddysub

AW MAN i always find out stuff later than every body else!! sorry for wasting your time. this sucks (lol) now i feel stupid

scott,

7. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Better late then never.........LOL

8. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

You diden't waste our time!!! You simply posted something you thougt everybody whould be interrested in. And we whould have ben if this wasn't all pretty much old news too us[​IMG].

[​IMG]Inline 6's are cool[​IMG]

9. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Hey ..some people might have forgotten that ORD Blazer almost one that b!tch...yeah right!! Thankx for bringing the TTC Topic back up!

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Well hey Scott...now that you're a member you're in the loop.
    Do a search for TTC posts...if that doesn't get you anywhere try searching back through gokartergo's posts. Click on his user name and go to his profile. At the bottom it says "Show all users posts" click on that and search back about a month or two.

Dan was our man at Hollister...and fed our need to know the results in real time...[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I sure wish I could go and watch sometime, that'd be really cool!

I can't imagine wanting to compete unless you owned a 4x4 shop or something. Travel 1000 miles, beat the @#@$% out of your 4x4, break it multiple times, win, and get a free set of tires?

Sorry, but I wouldn't spend $20,000-$40,000 to do that!

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

12. thatK30guy

Tim, for Stephen to go do the stuff you said in the above post, thats all about advertising and FUN for him! [​IMG]

He can get out and drive to Hollister and damn near everybody on the road will see his Jimmy and the ORD stickers and start snooping around on his site or call him. Now thats advertising!! [​IMG]

Then he gets there and does a whole bunch of fun and crazy crap with some other guys and see who has the 'best'. Now thats fun!! [​IMG]

For someone like Stephen to do this, I would almost bet he did it more for FUN and ADVERTISING than anything else! [​IMG]

13. BUDDY

BUDDY 1/2 ton status

Also, Stephen didn't break ANYTHING!! He couldv've gone and done the whole competition again the next day. It just goes to show you that if you're smart and spend your money the right ways, you too can have a blazer that is pretty much indestructable. But there is always a limit to what any part can handle, so you have to be "smart" more than anything else and know the limits of your vehicle and your limits as a driver too. Otherwise, you'll be wondering why you've spent so much money and why you still keep breaking things, while so-and-so over there hasn't broken anything in over 4 years and built his truck for less. Just comes down to common sense.

My .02,

Buddy

72 K-5, 33x12.5's, 350/350/205,12-bR,d44F soon to be 39.5'x15.5s, EFI502/nv4500/doubler205, d60F, d70R. Stay tuned.

14. thatK30guy

Very true.

BTW, for Stephen to be able to participate in the TTC, he has to have the 'best' parts. ORD parts are the 'best'. Since he didnt break down, that shows on his parts. That makes his business look real good and attract many people to him. To get his pictures and name in Four Wheeler magazine by testing his products, and proving they are more than strong enough, he gets his free advertising. Sure he has to pay a certain fee for the small ads you see in the back in the market place of the magazine, but nothing tops the ads like the TTC or any articles about his products. Just shows everybody what he can do!!! [​IMG]

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yes, that's why I said, if you owned a 4x4 shop or something, and you could get all the parts cheap, it wouldn't be so bad.

Keep in mind that any OffRoad Design stickers that were on his Jimmy were removed for TTC. Fourwheeler doesn't allow any advertising (not even stickers from parts) on your truck.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles

16. thatK30guy

Yeah, those stupid people at the TTC for making the contestants take their stickers off suck!!! [​IMG] At least those who 'over-do' the stickers, yeah, I can understand, but when you see stickers like what Stephen had on his, its just his OWN BUSINESS and nothing wrong with that!!! [​IMG]