Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD K5 Green Pieces Charity Sale

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stephen, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We've had some people interested in the fate of the body that didn't make the cut the last time around on my K5, so...

It's getting close to Christmas so I'm going to sell off chunks of my K5 body for charity. Haven't figured all the details yet, but I've got a lot of green sheet metal laying around so we should be able to raise a decent amount of money for a charity. I'm thinking something like Make-a-Wish foundation or another children oriented organization. Any ideas?

I'm thinking at this point that we'll have a bunch of $25.00 pieces and a limited number of $100 peices and maybe some "make an offer" pieces. We should be able to gather up a few thousand dollars at a nice time of the year to be giving.
    Post here with any charity ideas and I'll sort out the rest of the details so we can get this going through the month of november and give the money away in december.

2. BigBluOx

BigBluOx 1/2 ton status

The Make-a-Wish foundation was the first one that came to my mind /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jon /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

3. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Considering what you have now, I suppose there is just the slightest little bit of remorse that you didn't bash it through the tank trap at TTC.

4. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I like the Make a Wish Foundation, they helped a familly member a few years back but i guess the Marine in me wants to throw the Toys for Tots drive that will be starting next months brought to you by The United States Marine Corps!! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

I like the Make a Wish Foundation idea as well.

The Nor-Cal Big Dawgs have also wanted to start a toy drive maybe ORD wouldn't mind donating a couple of pieces for our cause to sell and donate toys?

Either way, i'm in for a piece of history, ESPECIALLY if it is for a good cause! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Just a thought on the charities... why not make it for things where a CK5 member is or has immediate family with the illness? I can think of 3 off-hand:
    UCP (Donna & Wayne's child)
    Leukemia but I don't know of any organizations (NEOMASTINO2U aka Kelly)
    National Multiple Sclerosis Society (yours truly)

I'm sure there are more that I don't know about, and Make-A-Wish is a good idea too. Just thinkin' /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif ouch.

7. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

yet another great idea. or perhaps have to charities. One to help children this holiday season, and one for illness research/assistance/etc.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

I think the toy for tots is a real good one. There are alot of kids every year that don't get anything under the tree and they pobably don't understand why, when there freinds or neighbor kid gets something.

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Stephen,

RIGHT ON! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

That's a great idea, and I'd like to be first in line to order up a nice $100 piece. I would like to call "dibs" on a section that maybe has part of the "OffRoad Design" logo on it, and a signature from "The Man" in the corner too!

I will immediately hang it up in my workshop.....what would be great is if there was a full color 8x10 photo of the "2001 TTC Green Machine" to hang next to it!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Great idea, great cause......count me in! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

I vote for "Toys for Tots" and how about a portion to United or BRC?

11. Stephen read this !!!

Stephen,
    I would like to shed some light on this area for you if I may. You have one hell of a great idea going here and the charity you spoke of is <font color="red"> AWESOME </font color> . You may not know it but I have an eight year old son that was diagnosed with Leukemia on 13 November 1999. He has been receiving chemotherapy since that day and will until May or June of 2003 if all keeps going well. When Zachari was first diagnosed a lady came in and gave us the papers to fill out so he could have his wish granted. I think we were devistated and thought that this was only for children that were gonna die and by God we weren't gonna let that happen to our boy, so we initially held off on it !! Yes his illness is life threatening and will haunt me til I die, but he is doing great and will beat this. Well anyway, we waited until January or so of 2002 and Zachari was 8 then and had more of an idea of what to wish for and what it meant. He is developmentally delayed so he still doesn't grasp the whole thing, but who cares!! Well he wished to go to Disneyland out in CA and to also visit his grandma while out there. The Dream Factory of Louisville, KY granted his wish to go. In June of this year we all four went to California to make Zac's wish come true. They paid for a Limo ride to and from the airport, round trip air fair for all for of us, 7 nights in a Disney hotel(concierge service), 6 days at Disneyland and made it a hopper pass to also get into California Adventure, $100 per person in spending money, and paid for all meals and a rental car to boot. They also let us extend the trip so we could visit his grandma while we were out there too. We paid for the extra week at grandmas house, but they arranged the plain ride home. We guessed the cost to be about $5000.00 for the trip. The Dream Factory is just like the Make-A-Wish Foundation in the fact of what they do for the children. The people that donate and volunteer for these organizations are angels. It is indescribable to tell you much this meant to Zachari and us to make this happen after struggling through all of the pokes, pricks, meds, chemo, hospital stays, missed school, days of not being able to play or go anywhere or have anyone over to the house. It gave us a chance to forget about all of the crap we had all went through and have one hell of a time. I will support you 100% for doing this and help in any way I can. If you have any questions just PM me or e-mail me. GREAT IDEA STEPHEN !! I'll take a $25.00 piece for my son when you get the details figured out.

12. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

Stephan, do you have a PayPal account so that we can send in the $$$ for the pieces?

or how will we order?

13. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i wanna 25$ peice with a signature please /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif....love the idea stephen...our family does a thing every year where we all pitch in and buy a complete x-mas dinner and presents for a needy family...but i cant think of what its called.....

14. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

Great idea..i'll throw $25 for whatever charity you pick.

15. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I'm gathering all the green metal I can find.
    Preliminary guess is that ORD will sell the pieces under a special part number as a charity item and then make the donation in one big pop when it's all done. That way we'll be able to charge credit cards and ship the parts out easily. We'll soak up the card fees so that the full donation goes to the charity.
    That's about all I know for now.

16. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Stephen are you going to put one of your little ORD stickers on each piece? And maybe sign them too? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Can you cut the metal into different sizes? Each size bigger equals a larger donation. I'm willing to give $50, or even up to $100, for a good sized chunk of metal. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

what size will the $25 pieces be and could you sign it and put a lil ORD sticker on the back?

19. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i got the credit card in hand where do i go? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

20. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

Make a Wish or St Judes Childrens Hospital. Both of these helped my brother when he was still alive and are very worthy charities.

69K5
    nathan