Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD or Energy Suspension (Prothane gave up on me)

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by boots, Nov 25, 2002.

1. boots

boots 1/2 ton status

OK to make a long story short, Prothane said they didn't have a full kit for my '73, told me to return the body mounts and get a refund. Yeah I know all I bought was the body mounts not a full kit but hey I'm taking their advice since I can't even confirm I have the rights parts. Anyway I'm looking at ORD's body mounts and possibly an energy suspension complete kit. Someone said $135 for the ES kit from summit and I'm not sure what ORD's body mount set is running. Assuming that no mounts bushings etc have been changed on this thing since conception and I don't plan on doing any suspension lift anytime soon what route would you go? HOw are ES's diagrams, I'm not a complete idiot but I'd like to know I have the right parts.

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I bought a poly kit for my 74 k5 for 85 bucks... shipped in black.../forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    daystar product.....

Not a problem with it.. good directions and numbering scheme is very helpfulll.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I using the Daystars that www.offroaddesign.com sells. It worked on my 75. I only ran into one problem and that was the backing washers they come with was going to run into some frame clearence issues on the mounts above the axle. I just swapped the backing plate/washer with the front mounts that had plenty of clearence around it and all was fine.

4. nofeartruckin00

nofeartruckin00 1/2 ton status

Macromotive.com carries Energy Suspension, should be right around $80 for the body mounts. I think they have free shipping until christmas too.

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I found that when your installing the bushing, don't over tighten them, I used locking nuts and tighten them up snug. I've read post on guys who over tighten them and deform the bushings/forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif