Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD or OEM

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by jackedjimmy, Jul 18, 2002.

1. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

The question at hands is about motor mounts. I wanna get the ORD ones because they can handle high torque and are beefy as hell. The down side is the cost($160 + ride)

Should I just get some OEM's for now and posibly upgrade later if I NEED to, which I prpbably won't.

I have nothing against ORD or any of their products,in fact, I think they kick a$$, but i can get some OEM's for like $20 and I am a little strapped for cash right now.

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I read your profile on your engine, and it sounds pretty beefy. I have worn out a couple of sets of stock motor mounts (mostly from wrecking my truck) and they hold up pretty well.

I would say you have answered your own question though. If you are strapped for cash OEM is probably the better route. This is of course if your motor isn't tearing them up on a quick consistent basis. I have a 300hp crate motor with MSD and highflow dual exhaust, and motor mounts last me a few years minimum.

If you weren't low on cash then maybe ORD would be the better choice. I am a huge fan of ORD's stuff, but the $ difference is alot. Worst that could happen is that you get some time out of a new set of $20 OEM's and when you are in a little bit better $ situation you can spring for the ORD mounts.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Autozone has lifetime warranty ones for $10 each.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

if you are strapped for cash get the stock ones.
    grant

5. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Autozone has lifetime warranty ones for $10 each.

[/ QUOTE ] SERIOUSLY?!!! That is great... the 454's oil pan is sitting on the cross member AGAIN. I really gotta fix that! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

-Dan

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Hell yeah! I couldn't believe it, I just bought two for mine.

I need to go home, but I don't want to. My mom is being a total PITA about my '84. I want to get it done!

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yes they do, and each time you bring them back they give you brand spanking new ones. Me, I don't like replacing motor mounts on a yearly basis. I guess if he/she isn't going to be keeping the truck they are fine, but if she/he is planning on keeping it, I would say spend the extra $$ and not worry about it again. To each his/her own though.