Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD or OEM

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jackedjimmy, Jul 18, 2002.

1. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

The question at hands is about motor mounts. I wanna get the ORD ones because they can handle high torque and are beefy as hell. The down side is the cost($160 + ride)

Should I just get some OEM's for now and posibly upgrade later if I NEED to, which I prpbably won't.

I have nothing against ORD or any of their products,in fact, I think they kick a$$, but i can get some OEM's for like $20 and I am a little strapped for cash right now.

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I go through OEM's about once a year. Using your numbers, it would take 8 years before the ORD's would break even. On the other side piece of mind is nice. Thats why everybody wants a D60. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

also think about your time and labor, then it gets a little expensive. i would try to hold out for the ORD mounts and not have to worry anymore, or put some OEMs on for now and save the money so when they poop the bed on you, you will have the good ones and no more problems.

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Not to take any business away from ORD, but you could always go with the poly inserts 45-50 bones (not quite as hard on the wallet as ORD, but harder than OEM). I have ORD's mounts in my pulling truck, but I have the poly inserts (energy suspensions from Summit) in my other one and both work well for there purpose and I should not have to replace them (in my lifetime). If you need I can give you the part number for the Energy Suspension ones (I actually ordered the wrong ones first and had to send them back /forums/images/icons/blush.gif , because one is listed as all K series but drill down into the notes and it reads 88+).

5. jackedjimmy

jackedjimmy 1/2 ton status

That's what I'll probably do, but I have to find my motor mounts firts.

Will you put that part number up please.

Thanks in advance

6. Leadfoot

Sure I will post it tonight/tomorrow as I still have the boxes at home to look at (right now I'm at work).

7. Leadfoot

Sorry for the delay, to be honest I forgot /forums/images/icons/blush.gif *gets whacked in the head with a header*

anyways, DO NOT get part number 3-1121X (X stands for insert color code here, R is for red, B is for blue and G is for black). It says it is for all C/K series trucks, but the fine print states 88+ trucks.

The part number you WANT is 3-1116X. edit: *ASSuming you are replacing a 73-87 original small block mount*

Hope this helps.
    Chris

8. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

this may sound stupid, but ive never replaced my mounts, how can you tell if they are good or bad? can you tell when you put new ones in? less vibration or something?