Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD shackle flip /6" lift

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by sf_wood, Apr 14, 2005.

1. sf_wood

sf_wood Registered Member

I have a 1977 k20(dana 44 front/14 bolt ff rear) truck.I'm trying to get the right parts to set up my suspension, so-far i want to get these components.Rear shackle flip,rear greasable bushing kit,front greasable shackles,front greasable main eye kit, sway bar bushing kit,sway bar disconnect kit,4.5" bump stops and steering brace.Now i want a 6" lift,what springs should i use?anything else other than steering correction?

2. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Get the 6" front springs and a 3" or so rear spring with the shackle flip. The rear seems to sit a little low when using the 6" springs up front without the 3" springs in the rear. That way the truck will sit level or near level when you have things in the bed. If the truck is empty it will barely sit high in the rear or maybe even level.

Sounds like you have a good list of parts together to get started with.

Just call ORD and talk to them about the best way to approach the rear of the truck.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

i second that idea. i had about the same in my old truck and it was great. but man will it flex off road so whatch those big tires in the wheel wells.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Looks like you have it pretty well lined out. Steering correction for that should be the 4" raised arm, at least with the 1/2 or 3/4t front axle.
    We can figure out what rear springs to use based on how much you carry in the truck when you order, the spring height doesn't mess with the price in the height range we're talking about here.

5. 86Cucvbeater

86Cucvbeater 1/2 ton status

anybody know who makes a 3 inch lift spring for the rear?

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Off the shelf TCI stuff, no problem.