Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD - Shackle flip Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by reddog64, Mar 6, 2001.

1. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I have a 4 inch suspension and 3 inch body on my 78 Jimmy... W/35's... I love this thing...
    ANYWAYS...
    I wanna dump the rear blocks and get something I consider more sturdy... Speed bumps at 40 mph and rear blocks scare me... (no it's my girlfriend/fiance doing the 40 on them, she thinks it's funny to hit the roof of the truck)
    I really like the shackle flip... But the blocks I have correct, or try to correct, the rear driveline angle... My main question is this... If I ditch the blocks for boat anchors, will the shackle flip fix the angle problem... Also I just put exhaust on the truck... I think the shackle flip's gonna get in the way... I guess I'll have to redo the rear part of the exhaust????

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

If all your doing in the rear is the shackle flip with stock springs, then your angles will be just right. Not to worry. I did it and get no vibrations at all. Love the flex too.

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I agree. I also did it with no driveline mods or vibrations. I had blocks on there before as well. Good luck.
    Boss
    ps, I had to redo the rear part of my exhuast too.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.boss.coloradok5.com>http://www.boss.coloradok5.com</A>