Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD shackle flip

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Mudstud, May 31, 2001.

1. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

The way I understand it is if I do a 4" shackle flip on my 76 it will push the rear wheels forward in the fender well by about an inch. So then I'm thinking if I put 2" blocks under that for a 6" lift the wheels will be pushed even further forward. Am I on track here? I've read about ORD possibly
    coming out with some leaves that have the centering pin back 1". Are they available yet? Is this the solution for wheel/fender cemitry? Other than looks are there other drawbacks to having the wheels pushed forward? Appreciate the advice!

Stuck is a state of mind!

Mudstud

2. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

i havent had any problems with what you are saying, its the damn vibration thats keeping my up at night. i have dropped the t-case, shimmed my 14 bolt DOWN 4 degrees (picking up 6 degree shims tommorrow-just to see). i may also see if i can drop my t-case another half inch just to see what will happen-kinda scared to though!! i will probably end up buying a rear cv shaft to totally elimimate it (my pinion aims directly toward the t-case with no shimming which is ideal for a cv shaft).

i thought about trying to make a cv shaft-all i would need-at least i think-is the cv part, possibly off of a front d-shaft, a u-joint, and shorten my d-shaft a few inches. i was looking at a slip yoke type, and it seems all the pieces to make one can be bought. be a lot better than paying 300 plus for a shop to do it all.............

AIRBORNE!!

3. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

I would love to here more opinions on this. Am I on the right track?

Thanks Yeild2me for the response and yea that sounds like a very good idea about finding a junkyard drive line and getting the CV off it. When I rebuilt my front shaft it cost about $50 for the centering section alone from Napa. Plus 3 U-joints. It doesn't sound like these blazers have a problem with the stock front shaft on a 6" lift.

Mudstud
    76K5 sb400/350/203parttime/3.73-D44/GM12 locked

4. 90blzr

90blzr 1/2 ton status

I asked the same ? a while back. I moved my post to the top so you could see the answer that I got. I havent done this yet, but I will if ORD doesnt have the offset leafs when I do my lift. DP_90K5 was very helpful and I'm sure he wouldnt mind any ?? if you have them about his set up.

5. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the old post- I got it.

Mudstud

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The block is the place to be careful, some of them move the axle forward by relocating the center pin on the block. You could turn the block around, that would also tip the pinion down, but I would plan on a 'CV shaft from the start. I never got my truck to run right without a CV shaft, once I went away from 3.73 gears.
    We're oozing closer to the relocating shims

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [image]http://coloradok5.com/logo_ordsmall.gif[/image]
    SW-ORD

7. Mudstud

Mudstud 1/2 ton status

Thanks Stephen!

Mudstud