Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ord shackle flip

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kombi59, Dec 4, 2003.

1. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

hey guys you all have too much info, my head is hurting!! heres one for you all, I have a 6" procomp lift with rear blocks and would like to go to a shackle flip. my lift is the six inch one i took out the 6" blocks and put 4" ones so it would be level what shackle flip would you suggest? the 4" or the 2 1/2" ???? thanks in advance. will post pics soon need to get a digital camera. thanks again :chad. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

you definitely want to use as little lift blocks as possible, it produces less leverage that way. i'd go with the 4" flip, but w/ 4" blocks you're gonna be a** high. if you can afford it get some lift springs to level things out, otherwise use 2" lift blocks until you can afford some lift springs. whatever you decide, the less lift blocks you use the better, they have a tendency of spitting out at the worst times.

good luck!

3. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

I have the 6" ProComp front springs and just my the sight of my truck sitting on 6" blcok in the driveway scared me enough that I NEVER drove the truck with the block, I just pick up the phone and ordered a 4" ORD shackle flip with the 2.5" or whatever height they are TuffCountry springs...My truck sits pretty darn level, Could come up like .5 " in the back

Chris

4. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

wont the 4" eliminate the block all together?

5. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

if you got a 6" lift up front i'd look into the flip from echobit. its half the price and ALOT easier to install.bolts onto stock hanger so no drilling of rivets or dropping the tank. plus it nets you about 5 1/2 lift. i think that would be perfect with 6" up front, but i like a little ass sag. if its too low you could throw in some ORD zero rates for an additional 1", and still be cheaper than the ORD shackle flip. Dont get me wrong, ORD stuff is great, i have there 2.5 flip on my truck, but if i was going for 6" of lift i would have gone echobit.

6. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Yes the 4" will eleminate the blocks all together.

Echobit is not makeing there flip at this time anymore. Hwen you goto the echobit site click the online store and see what Mike is selling. It is always changing so keep looking, or you can e-mail him and ask him if he will do a special order for you.

7. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

sounds good, I want just springs so I think i'll go with the ord 4". let ya know how it works. thanks Chad.