Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD shackle flip

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Feb 15, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Hey, Ive been reading about the ORD shackle flip kits, and was wondering if I got that, it would add 4" of lift with stock springs, then if I wanted a 6" (total) lift, I would just have to get a 2" suspension lift? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

2" rear springs yes

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Hey, Ive been reading about the ORD shackle flip kits, and was wondering if I got that, it would add 4" of lift with stock springs, then if I wanted a 6" (total) lift, I would just have to get a 2" suspension lift? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Yes, to make it 6" lift, you would add 2" springs in the rear. I personally choze 3" springs along with the 4" shackle flip becouse Blazers tend to sag in the rear after awhile. (You'll still need 6" springs up front)

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

will the shackle flip work up front too? or no? and will it work if I have the f-250 shock towers mounted?

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    will the shackle flip work up front too? or no? and will it work if I have the f-250 shock towers mounted?

[/ QUOTE ] The ORD shackle flip is only for the rear.

6. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

no you can't do a shackle flip in the front. That is already a compression style shackle. You don't have to run F250 shock towers, thats just if you want some really long travel shocks. It can help and is nice but not a necessity, many people wheel just fine with standard mounted shocks.

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

How would I get the 6" for the front if I need 2" for the back (or 3") will I need 2 different kits? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You buy 6 inch front springs and 2" rear springs or blocks, I prefer springs to blocks which is why I shackled flipped my truck. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [ QUOTE ]
    How would I get the 6" for the front if I need 2" for the back (or 3") will I need 2 different kits?

[/ QUOTE ]

9. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

don't buy "kits" waste of time, that just means you have blocks you won't use. ORD sells front and rear springs seperately. I bought my front BDS springs seperately, got bushings and u bolts from ORD, spring plates from another place(convereted to 1 ton), and bolted it all together on my setup. I had a shackle flip for the rear. My goal was 4" lift.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    How would I get the 6" for the front if I need 2" for the back (or 3") will I need 2 different kits? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

[/ QUOTE ] Call up ORD (970) 945-7777 and ask if they can put together a complete 6" lift kit for you useing the 4" Shackle flip. Tell them you're not sure what all you'll need and I'm sure they'll help you out. They're a great company to deal with. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Really???thats news to me.looks like ill have to make some changes then.....interesting.how long does it take for them to sag?sorry about the post hi-jack....hp /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

/forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I don't know how long it takes them to sag, but I've seen meny K5's and burbs with saggy butts. I personally would reather sit high then low in the back.

13. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

no problem,thanks!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif