Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD shackle question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 4X4HIGH, Apr 7, 2002.

1. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

How many people have found that their shackle bolts are 9/16" and not 7/16"? Should I down grade the size of my bolts from 9/16" to 1/2" and use the ORD shackle kit or should I center drill my existing 9/16" bolt and sleeves for a grease fitting and try to modify the bushings for the grease? Should I return the shackles or sell them instead and just forget about it? T I A.

2. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I had 9/16" bolts top and bottom on my Blazer also. I asume someone had been tinkering with the suspension before me. I would stay with the larger bolt but don't drill the sleeve. Go to a junkyard or Off-road store and get the thinner sleeve. On my set-up the top and bottom bushing holes were the same size, but the bushing that ran the smaller bolt used a thicker sleeve. This may not be typical, as I said someone was tinkering with my truck before I had it, so do some research.

3. GMCLegacy

GMCLegacy 1/2 ton status

i just replaced my bushing on my 80 gmc longbox, both bolts on the shackle were 9/16" i would keep that size of a bolt, i dont think that is an area you would like to down grade....