Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ord shackle questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by stoney126, Jul 9, 2006.

1. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

Ya I know a bunch of questions lately:D I am a lil confused by the ord directions.
    "The angled gussets go to the rear of the truck." Im pretty sure I know this but I want to make sure, but what are the angled gussets?
    and 2nd "Install the brackets with the provided bolts, One washer on each side of the connection, and the pinchlock nuts. If I read this right It should be 2 washers per bolt right? The kit only came with 12 wqashers so im a bit confused .
    Thanks all for any help and yes I did search :D

2. 454k30

454k30 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

when you look at the hanger, as it would be mounted on the truck, you should notice that it is not of equal dimensions. The area where the shackle bolts should be off center. The end which it is closer to goes toward the front of the truck. This gives you a better shackle angle when using stock length springs. as for the hardware...sigh... ORD had some lame exscuse as to why they dont put the other 12 washers in there. actually was on their website however now i dont see it anymore. Basically they felt that because the other washers were touching your truck and not their bracket that the buyer was obligated to purchase them seperatley. ORD makes great products but their business logic is a little strange every now and then. Besides 12 washers are pretty cheap down at the local hardware store. You are right two washer for each bolt.

3. stoney126

stoney126 1/2 ton status

im using a 4 inch spring does that matter on how I place the shackle? And ya thats pettry lame It only comes w/ 12 but says you need 24:haha:

4. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

If you look at the side view of the hanger, one of the gussets goes straight up and down, the other is angled slightly.
    As far as the washers go, you only need to put the washers next to the frame of the truck since the metal is thinner. There's no need to put a washer against 1/4 inch plate, unless you don't want to scrape the paint on the hanger. That's why they only supply 12, they just didn't reprint the instructions to change that. But like said before, just go to your local hardware shop and get some hardened washers if you want to keep it pretty lookin'.

5. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hope this helps.

ref 011 copy.JPG