Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD shackles are they worth the $$$

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yellowK20, Jan 10, 2003.

1. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I was looking at theses today I could probaly make something like them but not sure it's worth the trouble /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

2. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Yep... Do a search on how many people have busted their stock shackles. I think that'd be enough to convince you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. yellowK20

Yeah I know that I need to replace the stock ones (to short with a 12 inch lift) but how about making a set anyone done that ? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

yup. Chris speaks the truth. Dr. Watson at ORD has some :nuke: stuff, i gladly paid the $70 for moving my axle forward a hair, and bulletproof shakles that won't smack the frame.

5. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

you could build your own, but would you just be busting your a** to make something you can buy, most times it will cost you more in fitting and reworking things, just save up and buy them....

6. yellowK20

Okay-I guess i'll add that to the list of gotta gets no one ever said this stuff was cheap (maybe I should have takeing up stamp collecting) Thanks guys /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. MilpitasK5

MilpitasK5 1/2 ton status

Keep an eye out in the for sale section. You may be lucky enough to find some cheaper ones there. Used...
    Good luck

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I just bought a set of the 4" ones today from another person from here. Talk about beefy. I am glad I got them now seeing how nice and well made they are...

9. DaveCowley

DaveCowley 1/2 ton status

These shackles are awesome. I broke a shackle bolt once while out wheeling with my brand new GM shackle kit. I was pissed. I bought the ORD shackles and they helped alignment, ride quality and flex. Also I would definately spring for the greasable stuff. Oh yeah and they are bulletproof, 3/8" thick and they use 1/2" bolts instead of 7/16 all in all could have been some of the best bucks I've spent on my rig so far.

Dave Cowley