Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD steering box brace

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DMK, Jul 9, 2001.

1. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

Installed mine last weekend. On my 87 had to loosen brackets for power steering hoses and vent for axle. And had to bend power steering hoses slightly upward. Other than this installation was very easy and straight forward. Could'nt believe it but truck does feel tighter. I highly recomend getting this product. Very well made and nicely finished.

2. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

I'm fixing to add one myself just as soon as funds allow - the final phase of "improved steering 2001"

<font color=red>Cripplefight!!</font color=red>
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>http://pugsley.alloffroad.com</A> Updated finally[​IMG]

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Mine should be at the doorstep anythime now!

Murphy's Laws on Life:
    "A bird in the hand is worth three Kleenex."

4. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

I got mine in but haven't installed it yet. Something I have noticed on my truck since installing my 4" lift with new steering arm is that my steering is very "loose". When I am sitting still and I steer the truck, I have noticed that my suspension lifts and compresses (depending on which way the steering box is turned). It really "delays" the actual turning affect. It is kind of scary at speed on the highway. Will installing the barce help this? Is this the kind of looseness you had?

85 GMC Jimmy, 305 w/TH700-NP208, 4" lift, 35X12.5 BFG MTs, 15x10 Hellcats, Smittybuilt tube nerf bars and bumbers