Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD steering brace $105.00

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tori89k5, Jun 19, 2001.

1. tori89k5

tori89k5 1/2 ton status

Just ordered my steering brace from ORD today.... they are $105.00 They claim the price just went up..... How come we dont get some sort of deal with them..... after all the adverising we give them..... ? Anyway, just thought id let ya'll know what the price was in case your shopping for one too.

New '90 K5 sitting in my driveway !!! YIPPPIEE !!

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Stephen as to make a living too..........Dan

3. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I have no problem shelling out a couple extra bucks to support a fellow CK5'er and to get an awsome product that isn't crap. Deal w/ 4WPW and then deal w/ an awsome place w/ great service like Stephen's ORD, Jeff's Lyons Design for decals, or Keith and the guys at autoaccesory.com and you will gladly pay a few bucks extra to ease your mind, avoid stress and hassles, as well as support the good guys. [​IMG]

-Mikey
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm>http://www.geocities.com/milnerlives_2000/blazer.htm</A>

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Still need to order mine.
    Amen Captin. You get what you pay for sometimes (like ORD)
    Need to ask Stephen if he got more greaseable spring bolts in.
    Still need a few.

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"6" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

5. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

amen...

I haven't bought from autoaccessories, but I have bought from the other 2 and the products are top quality! [​IMG]

and hey, I always kinda thought the brace was a little cheap!

[​IMG] <font color=blue> Jeff </font color=blue> [​IMG]

6. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

That always kills me. I was going to order one but I thought they were cheaper than that. Oh well guess I need to start looking for another source. Maybe one of our industrious fellow k5ers will fab up something for those of us that don't have the $$$. Like when people started making their own disk brake backing plates and when someone else started selling their own shackle flip kits. I guess I'll just hold out until I find a better deal.
    Thanks for the info Tori :)
    -Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

7. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Damn AGM, are you a tight ass or what?
    So what they upped the price a bit... you are still getting a superior product. Oh well I guess, ya cant please everyone.
    Have fun with your "cheap" equivalent part search......

Just my 2 cents....

Crawlin the rocks with my K5
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.rockreadyk5.com>http://www.rockreadyk5.com</A>

8. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

I made one for my Blazer. And I'll you what, buy one. I know it looks like a simple part, but it has about three bends in it and it is a b@#$h. I need one for my Burben and for the other Blazer and I can assure you that I will be buying them. Go to <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.toyboxoffroad.com>http://www.toyboxoffroad.com</A> if you want to save a few bucks.

<font color=red>Land use issues are the heart of our sport.
    Get involved or lose the sport.</font color=red>

9. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

He might be like I was really struggling to make ends meet... I got lucky and just got a new job for the summer so I got some extra cash... but a few months ago I couldn't pay for anything. $10 bucks here and $15 there does really add up when you don't have it.... I'm sure that's all he was trying to say [​IMG]

"Suck Fumes Ford Boy"
    "I love my country, I fear my government"
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</A>

10. bandit

bandit 1/2 ton status

Plus it gives the guys that maybe want to start there own bussin like ORD a good way to beging they need prative and exparince some where

AJ
    Soon to wheelin spot near you
    Project Harvey[​IMG]

11. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

Well if not wanting to shell out over $100.00 blindly without looking and asking about alternatives makes me a tightass then yeah, you're right, I am a tightass. Now I don't know about you but if I could find the same product for $50.00 then I may buy that one instead and I think alot of others here would to. Are you equally concerned that people who make their own shackle-flips are "tight-assed"? Do you get upset when they try to substitute a "cheap" alternative? If you've got extra money to throw around by all means spend it wherever you like. But I, and many others, are trying to build on a budget and that means looking for cheaper alternatives that work just as well. Do I care about superior products? You're damn right I do. Does that mean I have an EFI 502 and a 4 link suspension and 44's? No I don't. Do I have a d60 frontend? No I sure don't because I don't have that money to throw at something when I've got a d44 that does the job just fine for now. I'd be surprised if ORD is the only option for this product at this quality.
    I'll let you know how my search goes, as well I'll let others know what I find and that way those of us who appreciate saving some money can :)

-Aaron

___ __ _ _ ____ __
    AGM73k5 -- ajgm1@yahoo.com

12. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

<font color=blue>I think for all of the money I have spent on the Blazer,one of the best and most helpful has been ORD's steering brace! It's real stout and works out great</font color=blue>[​IMG]

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>http://community.webshots.com/user/vwryda</A>

13. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Coming from a guy who has designed his own dual T-cases, built custom cross-over steering, custom axles, stroker engine, etc. yadda yadda, all to save some $$$, the ORD steering brace is worth the $105.

--Rob

14. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Worth Every Penny.
    I have one as well as the disconnects. These things are CNC machined and flat out top notch work to make them. They improve the steering even on the street. My only regret is not getting it sooner. Serious you will not be disappointed in the brace.
    I'm very handy person and when I got looking at making my own and saw the complex bends needed to make it work the cost for the ready made one became very reasonable.
    You do get what you pay for and the time it would take me to make one that still wouldn't be as good as the ORD product it just wasn't worth it.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    Grim-Reaper

15. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I got my brace put on a coup[le weeks ago.....(got pics, just don't know how to post, etc....I need a 10yr old).....I have what I consider a very tight truck....the ORD brace Still made a difference.....it went on like it had eyes...took all of 20 minutes to install......luckily, I got mine cheap..LOL....cost me $103 delivered to Dallas......knowing what I know now, I'd spend $150 if I had to.....great product, fair price...JD

Stuck?...Hell no..I still got some gas left..

16. tom

tom 1/2 ton status

I agree with you AGM - do the research before you buy. Here is another data point for you. I put the ORD brace on my '91 and it really tightened it up on the street. Well worth the money for me and easy to fit up. To do it cheaper in my garage, I'd have been paying myself about $3 an hour.

Bottom line, I'm tight too, but the brase was a good buy.

17. 77K5Blazer

77K5Blazer 1/2 ton status

I just got mine UPS today! I am looking forward to putting it on this weekend, anyone got any helpful hints? I got it for 114$ to Oregon...

<font color=red>1977 Blazer, GM350, SM465, NP205, Dana 44/ 12bolt, 31x10.50r15 BFGs</font color=red>
    "Awh....Prarie $hit!!" -Blazing Saddles

18. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Sharp drill bit and some tool oil and it's a peice of cake. Took about 20 minutes to install. Loctite on the steering box bolts doesn't hurt either. Check the rivits in the front 2 crossmembers and make sure they are not spinning and look where the rails overlap the cross member for signs of them moving. I'm finding lots of bad rivits in my truck.

It's not my damn planet monkey boy!
    Grim-Reaper

19. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Big can a worms here! LOL!

How's the new truck?