Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD steering brace

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rugger03, Nov 6, 2000.

1. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

I have and M1009 blazer with an oil cooler was wondering if anyone has put this brace on with the hard cooler lines in place? Or did you have to put in soft lines. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Erik.

2. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

Eric,

That's been discussed quite a bit lately. I have a stock set up with tranny and engine cooling lines. The guys at ORG haven't put it on a set up like that yet, but say it shouldn't be a problem.

You'll get diiferent opinions about how to rig this. I think there is differences in the way these lines run from year to year.

Anyway, I just got mine in the mail. It's going in as soon as I get my tranny! Will let you know about how my instal goes.

Try the search button to see the variuos responses.

3. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Backlash- tried the search no results... got your post tried again... oops was only searching in the last week. Let me know how your install goes. steve t ord said it will be a couple of weeks before i get mine, the are sold out.

4. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

I did that too many times with the forum.

Check out stock vs. jet tranny ... my brace may be a while.

Sorry.

5. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it took awhile for mine to come in. Was wondering why it took so long.
    It looks tough!
    -- Mike

6. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

If you haven't ordered it yet a place called TOYBOX has the ORD brace and get this ... it's $5.00 cheaper! Same thing!

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Just finished mine on my 87 last weekend. I have the flexlines for the oil cooler running through the crossmember just left of center. Tranny hardlines weren't a factor because they run on the right. The oil flexlines were a little tough to deal with, since they were kinda taut due to the 3" bodylift. A little finesse, persuasion, twisting and turning, and vigorous swearing got it in place. Any other Q's let me know.

WOW! I'm an addict now! I better erase my profile so the Corps doesn't find out about my addiction...[​IMG]

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!