Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD swaybar disconnect

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JJ85K5, Apr 29, 2002.

1. JJ85K5

JJ85K5 Registered Member

Can I put an ORD swaybar disconnect kit on my K5 with the stock suspension? I'm in the process of replacing all the bushings and I thought it would be a good idea just to put in the swaybar disconnect kit in while I have it all apart. Also, Can I put the greasable bushings in the stock springs and take them out when I get new springs?

Thanks for all of your help so far.

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

1st question=YES
    2nd question=YES if the stock spring eye,and the aftermarket spring eye are the same size.

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I am going to have to disagree, I had the ORD disco's on my truck for a while before I put my lift on. It seemed like every bump that I hit made the disco hit the holdup bracket and that eventually ripped the bumpstop off. It also somehow (?) managed to make the swaybar itself hit the frame. In the instructions it recommends not using these on lifts of 4'' or less unless using extended bumpstops.

4. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Heh. funny, I just placed an order with ORD today. bought the Steering box brace and the disco kit. I asked the same exact question, and the answer I got was that it works with stock suspension as well. But then again, I didnt speak to steve, so Im on hold now, just to double check. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I have them on my K5. It only has a 2.5" lift. Have had no problems at all. Looks as if you would have no problems with no lift. I personally think they work great.