Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD swaybar dissconects

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pplblazerdude, Nov 29, 2003.

1. pplblazerdude

pplblazerdude 1/2 ton status

Ok im looking at getting a set but i was wondering if there is any advanteges to them besides jsut the extra flex. I have 4 inch lift springs so i was wondering if the geometery will get improved but if you dont mind give me some pros and cons on them.

Thanks
    Clint

2. blasterD

blasterD 1/2 ton status

They are supposed to make the ride smoother because the bar doesn't bind. I installed a set of Bilstien 5100s at the same time. The truck definitely rode better, I'm not sure how much had to do with the shocks or the disconnects. Big difference in flex. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

They do correct the geometery. They somewhat give you the best of both worlds, no bar on the trail, and extra stability on the street. They really begine to suck to hook back up though. They were fine for a while and then, they start to wear in, to where you have to be on damn near pefectly flat ground, cover the pins in grease, and hammer them in.