Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD Traction bars

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by coloradoblazers, Aug 28, 2002.

1. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I was just wondering of ORD sold traction bars like the ones on the "Stomper" jimmy. If you do, how much do they cost?

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Actually those exact bars could be for sale. But come to find out they're different length side to side (product of a midnight install after a week of little or no sleep) and the bushing eyes are kind of mushed in (rocks, duh) and I don't think they'll work very well for a more standard spring. But something along the lines of what I had may be in the works, they need some geometry changes to work right on a stock type spring.

3. coloradoblazers

coloradoblazers 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well for the right price, I wouldn't mind putting some work into them to get them to work. Right now I have 4" of lift, and hopefully in a couple days I will bump that up to six( with the help of ORD zero rates and hybrid springs). I would be willing to be a test vehical for something like this. Having no stable point is my suspension has taken a toll on my axel. I can grab the pinon and rock it back about a quarter inch. I want some thing I can step on the gas and not hear my driveshaft just binding to pieces! Let me know, it would be cool to have TTC used parts on my truck.
    Thanks alot,
    Jake

4. twenty_below0

twenty_below0 1/2 ton status

I too have asked about the traction bars on the ORD Jimmy/Buggy, I think they are a good simple design that serves a badly needed purpose. I talked with someone from ORD dont remeber if it was Steve or not but they said "in the works" and this was 6 mo. ago. So Steve, if you read this are they done yet I really could use a set.....PLEASE. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. VisionxOrb

VisionxOrb 1/2 ton status

Me to, I really could use a set of them, especially when I go to the 63 inch rear springs.

6. Stephen

If this afternoon goes OK, we may have some pics tomorrow....

7. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Do have an update on producing these? I am really going to need them after the new motor is put in.

8. Stephen

We have a set in action, they need some refinement on the mounting brackets but otherwise they work great. They're built around a set of our custom 57" springs but I think they would work with a standard 52" spring also. It's really the front of the spring that matters in this case.
    They're not far off....

9. TWISTEDJACK

TWISTEDJACK 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool!! I run 56" springs on mine. I guess I can wait a few months. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif