Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD Twin Stick question

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by PANCAKE, Dec 26, 2005.

1. PANCAKE

PANCAKE 1/2 ton status

I am looking to put a twin stick setup on ny sm465/np205. I was wondering if your twin stick set up could be upgraded to the three stick set up when I put one of your doublers in. I don't want to have to buy two diffrent shifter setups.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Unfortunately, not much interchanges between the 205 twin and the Doubler shifter. I would plan on selling the 205 shifter when you switch up or just hold off on it till you get the Doubler.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I found this on your website, "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We also carry a "3 Stick Conversion" kit for those of you that already have our 2 stick shifter and wish to upgrade. This includes the necessary parts to change your 2 stick into our current model 3 stick including the shift boot. Price is $110.00."

Why would going from a twin stick 205 to a doubler be any different other than instead of supplying another correct 205 shifter to supply the 203 range box shifter instead? The only other thing i'm thinking is that the shifters are completely different because of location mounting if you aren't running a doubler? :confused:
    [/FONT]

4. Mudbone

Mudbone Registered Member

4x4High, not to jump in on Stephen, but the twin stick package for a lone 205, like Pancake is asking about is a totally different package than the twin stick for a 203/205 doubler. For the lone 205, that package gives you an extra stick for independent control of front and rear drive. The 203/205 doubler comes with two sticks, one for standard shifting of the 205 and one for hi/lo shifting the 203 range box. The third stick would be so that you could have the independent control of front and rear drive. So this third stick is another 205 stick not the additional 203 stick he would need, AND since the 205 is behind the 203 range box, all the sticks are different lengths anyway.