Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ord versus echobit

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by shaun, Sep 16, 2003.

1. shaun

shaun 1/2 ton status

I am not sure if this question has been answered before but if it has I am sorry. I want to get some good flex in the back and I am curious which of these two setups is the best. Either the echobit sissor shackle flip or the ord shackle flip with revolver shackles. They both do the same thing but does anybody have recomendations on which would better serve my k5. /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

the exo is very ez to install but it is more parts the stock bracket and bolt a small pipe the
    odr kit you must remove the gas tank and remove the stock brack but it looks like a cleen install i like both and have had both /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

the revolver shackles ars discontued for k5 i think you can get them for the jeed grand ch ---and weld them up to make them stronger but i am not a fan of them

3. Stroked72Blazer

Stroked72Blazer 1/2 ton status

does any one have mesurements on where the ord kit relocates the eye compared to stock. I would also like to see some picks

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

5. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

My $.02...

I have a ORD flip. I installed it without removing the gas tank but did have to remove the rear bumper. I have said alot about it in the past but bottom line is that it is a good product that with just a few modifications could be great.

The Ecobit flip is a good product as well. I would have to guess that if both flips were installed per instructions the Ecobit would be stronger. I think it's only drawback is how low from the truck it hangs and that it gives too much lift.

I measured the flip before and I think it moves the mounting point forward 1 to 1.5". This is why the free flip (cut hole in the stock hanger) doesn't work so well...poor shackle angle.

6. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

The Scissor Shackle works with either flip, so don't let that be your limiting factor. Revolvers on full size trucks are few and far between so getting opinions on them will be difficult. Revolvers don't lock closed (yet) like the Scissor Shackles do and I think thats a big reason the full size guys shy'd away from them initially (I know I did). As for the flip, the most common reasons to go with either would be lift: below 4" go with ORD, above 4" go with Echobit. There are lots of combinations using lift springs or various other springs with either flip to get anywhere from 4" - 12" of overall lift. for example, I use the Echobit flip and Ford 57's to get a 4" lift front and rear. You have many many options regardless of which route you choose! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

have you looked at springer suspension?? PM marv springer or therobzilla for info. it cat get you about 24" of travel. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif