Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD vs. Echobit

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clubba68, Jul 7, 2003.

1. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a 4" shackle flip for the rear of my '70 Blazer, and also a HD shackle for the front. Anyone have any personal experience with these companies and willing to give some recommendations?
    Thanks,
    Andrew /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, I also tow a 17' boat about 10 times a year.
    -Andrew
    Any suggestions on a lift setup would be greatly appreciated. I now have the STIFF Rancho 4" lift, and would like something to clear 35-36" tires.

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Just for reference, the Echobit is a 5.5" lift NOT a 4"

That might make your decision easy.

BTW -> I didn't realize how sensitive Stephen was about the towing question until I recently saw a post in the ORD forum about it. You'll have to scan the archives there, but his point was basically that towing is fine and he seemed irritated that his flip kit was always getting a bad rap.

Interesting. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. RClivin

RClivin Registered Member

people have given his shackels a rap with towing? I havent heard this one

5. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    people have given his shackels a rap with towing? I havent heard this one

[/ QUOTE ]

Go to the ORD forum and search on the word "towing".....then read every response that Stephen makes!!! I think I understand WHY he's so flabbergasted....he must have answered the same question at least 50 times!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Anyway, if you plan to tow you are hereby REQUIRED to go read the ORD and '73-'91 archives based on a keyword search of "towing"......there is a lot of info in there, and stuff that will probably save your life if you are new to towing and you'll learn what it takes to do it safely.

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

I get that question a lot too. With stock springs and relatively the same lift, towing is relatively the same as with blocks. It softens a little, but not nearly as drastic as running soft springs like the 57's with the flip. I think more concern should be placed on towing with a short wheelbase with a hitch thats not level as many lifted trucks tow with. Guess I should go read that post just the same though.

7. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I think more concern should be placed on towing with a short wheelbase with a hitch thats not level as many lifted trucks tow with.

[/ QUOTE ]
    mike

?? meaning not level with the frame relativley close to where the bumper is, or not using an appropraite drophitch?

thanks

nathan