Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD Zero Rate...installing and need some help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chev4life, Feb 6, 2003.

1. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

First off... i have a Superlift full spring 4" lift and my ass sags. So I ordered the ORD zero rates and went to work this evening...and guess what? The new pins they gave me are about a 1/2" too short...I am going to call in the morning and see if they can send me some more or if anyone knows a good place to get some or something similar that will work. My main question is...the Superlifts came with wedges to correct the rear axle angle, when I pulled the spring pack apart they fell off. Should I reinstall these back against the spring pack and just simply add the zero rate or should I put the zero rate against the spring pack and add the wedges to the bottom? Thanks in advance.

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

You should be able to get some longer center pins from a local spring shop or somewhere where they make U-bolts. You will want to put the shim on the bottom underneath the zero rate so it will still rotate the axle to the correct angle.

Hope this helps you out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Underneath is probably the correct way, but either way will work.

4. chev4life

chev4life 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, I will look for a local spring shop. After thinking about it a little, I figured the shim would be best on the bottom...but just wanted to check the experts /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Your local parts house has them. They are about $3 a peice and you cut them to length. I've got several from O'reilys and carry a couple for spares. Call the local NAPA, Autozone, O'reilys, most anybody and pick some up. Just make sure to take yours with you to get the correct size. Don't go all out and get the longest they have either. Thread engagement stops after a certain point and it would suck to have it stop before you need it.

HTH

KP