Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD Zero Rate Instructions.

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by FL84K5, Mar 17, 2003.

1. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Can somebody please type out the instructions for the ORD Zero Rates as they are written on the instruction sheet that comes with them so I can print them out? I lost my instruction sheet and they 4x4 shop thats doing my lift wants the instructions. Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I can't give you the word for word instuctions, but I can tell you how to do it.

1. Lift the truck and support it by the frame, remove tires if necessary.
    2. Support the axle with a jack.
    3. Undo the ubolts that hold the axle in place.
    4. lower the axle until you have enough room to fit the zero rate & spring pack bolt in.
    5. Clamp the spring pack together. Far enough outside the middle to install the zero rate. About 3" off center. One clamp on each side of the pack is best.
    6. Remove the spring pack center pin.
    7. Install zero rate with new center pin on bottom of the spring pack. (flat side of zero rate down, don't ask how I know)
    8. Tighten center pin in spring pack. Cut excess off center pin.
    9. raise axle and reinstall ubolts. (you might need new ones as the old ones might be too short)
    10. reinstall everything else in reverse order.

3. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I also need instructiions for using them to move the axle back. Thats where the shop putting the on ran in to trouble. They are mounted with the flat side up haning off the front of the spring pads, which I KNOW isnt right. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They are mounted with the flat side up haning off the front of the spring pads

[/ QUOTE ]
    They are upside down and backwards /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

5. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, needless to say, that was my expression too. From now one I think I'll attempt to do my own mods on the truck.

6. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Anyone have instructions for moving the axle back?

7. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The center pin ALWAYS goes in the center of the zero rate block (leaf?). Then you bolt the zero rate up to the leaf spring using the regular hex bolt in whatever position you want, either forward or backward. There is room in the pocket in the block to cover the head of the bolt so put it in with the threads on top next to the ubolt plate.

8. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

Thats how I thought the are supposed to be installed. The 4x4 shop that did they work put them in wrong because they didn't have the instructions, I thought I had them in the box with the parts, and won't put them in right unless they have the instrution sheet. I think I'll just pick it up and put them in right my self.