Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

orderd my AGR steering box yesterday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by camok10, Nov 15, 2004.

1. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

im just excited and thought I would share. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

You might want to have read all the threads on AGR both here, and on Pirate first. I went with PSC, the former owner of AGR.

3. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

I asked about it like 6 months ago, and people did mention AGR and PSC. They said that both were quality and worth the $$. What was the problem with your AGR product?

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

I got an agr box, no probs w/ it.

5. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I have no personal exp with AGR other than a friends Heep. His issues could have been an isolated incident, but i am a hard core pessimist. For that reason i went with PSC hyd assist on my 98 before i sold it. Tom Allen (Owner of PSC) is the man and he will be getting another order from me soon.

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

It would take me forever to summarize all the posts on Pirate, and there are plenty here you can search for. The short of it is, AGR was owned by Tom Allen, now of PSC. He sold it and the new ownership supposedly ran it into the ground. Major quality issues. I needed a new 2wd box and was a heartbeat away from ordering an AGR. I searched all posts with "AGR" in them on Pirate and CK5. After reading all the posts, I opted for PSC. I've installed my PSC box but haven't run it yet since I have other projects to finish. I will say that Tom Allen is outstanding to deal with. He really knows his stuff and has an extensive background. If you haven't sent them any money yet, I'd read all the posts here and on Pirate first. If you've already ordered, it might not be too late to cancel. Or, you may get lucky and have no issues at all with your box. Others obviously have had decent luck. I chose to reduce my odds of having nightmares first rather than gamble on it.

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I've only met one person in my whole life that has had good luck with AGR and he's a member here.

I asked around at Real Truck Challenge when someone mentioned AGR, and EVERYONE said their stuff was crap.

8. camok10

camok10 1/2 ton status

well sh*t. i guess I will just have to wait and see how it performs. If its crap, ill round up all the posts here and on pirate and send AGR an angry letter letting them know how people feel about their products and telling them i want my $$$ back and some. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

the impression i got was they were quality. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I guess ill ahve to wait and see for myself.

9. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

As far as I've read, there were some build issues caused by improper assembly on a limited run of boxes. The issues were corrected long ago. I have an AGR box and couldn't be happier. Never any issues. Turns the big meats without issue and has eliminated all slop from the steering.
    You'll like it. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif