Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ordered cam for fresh burb motor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scoutillac, Apr 22, 2004.

1. scoutillac

scoutillac 1/2 ton status

Well I called comp cams and they recommended the 12-249-4. Here are the specs
    1000-5000RPM
    434-444 lift
    206-212 Dur @ 50
    249-260 advertised ?
    112 something
    4 degrees advanced

Ordering the headers, K&N,and stage II chip in just a little bit. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

sweet /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif that should wake up your sub... question I want to get an K&N for my stock 350tbi for my sub. what can you use to cap off the pre heater duct(I think thats what it is) that hooks up to the manifolds???

justin

3. scoutillac

If you never want to use it again weld a small round piece of sheet metal in the hole. I'll be doing that next and removing the flap in the cleaner housing too. I also drill out most of the plastic thingy ma bob the holds the air duct to the core support. I figured it would bring more fresh air in faster. I think I should get some sort of pre filter to stop the bugs from collecting in the cleaner housing. I sure hope all the mods help the power dept in a noticeable way.

4. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

what the purpose for the pre heater duct anyways???

5. scoutillac

The internet is an awesome tool. Everything is on its way. WAHOO!! I should have a new motor in two weeks. I'm as excited as a warden at a womans prison with a hand full of pardons!

HHMMM! Sorry I'll regain my composure now. It's just that I've never owned a rig with anything other than a stock motor. I know this isn't drastic, but should be noticeable.

6. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

no problem man.. glad your juicing up your sub /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif I going to have to start looking into a cam and some header too an other mods to pump up my beast...

justin