Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ordered Lift Ord

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by sf_wood, Apr 16, 2005.

1. sf_wood

sf_wood Registered Member

Not sure what rear springs i have.1977 k20 D44/12 bolt. i am putting a 14bolt ff and 8lug outters on front. How do i measure rear springs? What driveline corrections are needed, if any, with the six inch lift and how do i determine if there is a problem? Also, what shocks would you recommend?
    The components i bought are: rear shackle flip, rear bushing kit, front greasable shackles, front greasable main eye kit, sway bar bushing kit, 4.5 inch bump stops, 6 inch spring kit for use with shackle flip.
    I still need to buy steering brace, 1 inch body lift with body mounts, sway bar disconnect, brake lines, 14 bolt disc kit with lines.

Any help or recommendations anyone might have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The rear springs should be measured along the main leaf to get the length. They should measure near 52" or near 56".
    For info on the driveline angles, check out www.4xshaft.com , it's Tom Wood's Custom driveshafts website and it has lots of good tech info and pics on how to measure, etc. I think you'll need to shim the pinion down a few degrees but you'll need to measure it to be sure.
    For shocks, the more you spend, the better they get. You will probably want to look at running a raised upper mount on the front to get a little longer shock on it, the F250 shock mounts still seem to be the hot item for that. At that point, pick how much you want to spend and get some shocks ordered. We carry the TCI shocks that run $150 for the set of 4, and can get the Bilsteins that run anywhere from $87 for the 5125's to $125 for the 5150's to $2100 for the blackhawks. That's per shock for the Bilsteins. I'd say either spring for the TCI's or you can step up to the cheaper Bilsteins like the 5150's and have a really nice shock.
    Hope this helps, thanks!
    SW

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

That's an expensive shock! :grin:

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Very pricey! But they're supposed to be the most advanced offroad race shock in the world. I'm anxious to see some of them in action on a trophy truck to see how they work out. They have some really cool features.