Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ordered my rebuild kit now what??

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sapper, Sep 9, 2003.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I need to rebuild my 241 before the next run to Uhwarrie, i have the kit coming from JB Conversions but would like to get some directions, hints things like that before i pull it out and get in over my head, also are there any special tools that i will need to borrow/buy. TIA

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Go buy a Haynes manual for your truck. They have a good step by step for rebuilding the t-case.

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

there's nothing to these t-cases. just pull and replace. you did get a new chain right?

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Go to your local GM dealer and have them print you off an exploded view of your tcase. I just finished the NP208 rebuild for my truck last week. I went in blind except for that diagram and some pointers off here. If you don't have a good memory then jot down notes on the case as you take it apart. It wasn't to hard to do the rebuild on the 208 and your 241 is just an updated 208.