Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ordered my Swamper TSL Radials today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 73K5Kid, Jan 25, 2003.

1. 73K5Kid

73K5Kid 1/2 ton status

Here's how the story goes. I called up Desert Rat or Ultra Performance. One in the same. Anyways I asked the guy how much there 36X12.50rX15 were and he told me 199.99. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Then I asked why they were listed on their website for 180.00 he told me he could give them to me for that price but he would have to charge me shipping. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif So he said the lowest he could go is 186.00. So after I got off work this morning I had to get my tires rotated on my other truck at Discount Tire. I have bought rims and tires from them before and have always liked their service. The one I go to here in Arizona does not carry Super Swampers. Well what the heck I ask the salesman if he could get me a better deal on the tires. I ask him if he could get me the tires for 180.00. Which I show what they are listed for on Desert Rats website. He makes a couple of calls and tells me he will give them to me for 180.00. And that he could order them Monday and that they will take 3 days. They are also going to pay for shipping. I told the guy I would be by Satureday to have them mounted. So total just for the tires and some other state charge I paid 802.45. That does mot include mounting and warranty but I thought I got a good deal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I also asked him if we could work out some type of credit for the tires I have on it now. They are 33X12.50rx15. They are brand new with probably less than 500 miles on them. He said we might beable to work something out. Sounds good to me.

2. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

I think any time you can get a local shop to price match a mail order joint you have gotten a good deal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif