Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ordering from LMC

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 89GAK5, Sep 30, 2000.

1. 89GAK5

89GAK5 Registered Member

hey guys: 89gak5 looking for input & info once again. i ordered a catalog this week.is their stuff up to par? im looking for a good place to get stuff from with out having to go to GM all the time. i know you get what you pay for thats why i'm asking.anybody got any more good leads i'm open for suggestions. thanks

RUGERS & K5 BOWTIES

2. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

LMC is pretty good. I've ordered U-nuts, the dashboard lens and two vents from them and they all got here before they said they would. I wouldn't get their carpet or door panels, I think for them GM is the way to go. You may be surprised, the GM parts house doesn't have that bad of prices in my experience.

90K5

3. 89GAK5

89GAK5 Registered Member

90K5: when you say GM PARTS HOUSE, are you speeking of local dealership or some other place? web site / e-mail address if so. thanks

4. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

local dealership

90K5

6. 1TUFF89

1TUFF89 1/2 ton status

LMC has been good to me thus far. Last Tuesday I ordered the two rubber seals for the shell (one goes on the cab and the other goes on the shell), the tube of adhesive, and two cables for my tailgate. After having over $1,000 of body work done - as well as having my shell painted - I wanted to seal the shell up for good and not take a chance on having any leaks. One of my tailgate cables had rusted in two and the other was in pretty rough shape too so I replaced both. I ordered last Tuesday and was told the items would be here in five business days and it was here in four days. I ordered my carpet from the local GM dealer. Everything else from LMC has been good quality and on-time delivery.

CHEVY - "THE HEARTBEAT IS GETTING LOUDER"

7. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

I have found from a few experiences small parts like interior trim or other cosmetic stuff i would just go with GM. I am going to order a new dash pad from Golden State Pickup parts because the dealership near me quoted an insane price. Seals and stuff like that, I went with LMC for my hardtop seals and they sent me the right stuff quick. They seem to be pretty reliable.

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

8. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

I believe it depends on what your looking for. I have catalogs from many of the places that sell parts for the K5. I still from time to time go back to the dealership for those one of a kind, hard to find parts and once in a while just to play "stump the dummy". What I've found on this site is that there is a lot of helpful and useful information. If you have a question, someone will have an answer. If you order parts, and are not sure if they will work or if it is worth the price, just ask. Good luck. I had two mail order parts that didn't work. One was the Prothane body mounts. They dont fit a 79 Blazer. The other was from Summit. Sent both back with detailed explanations as to why they didnt work. I've only ordered a few parts from LMC and have had no problems.