Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ordering parts NOW! quick question on hubs with 203

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazinaire, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

I am ordering a part time conversion kit for my dad's truck (78 K25 with NP203) and it currently has no form of locking hub, just a cap over the hub. When switching to manual locking hubs will I need anything else? 4WPW sells a "hub conversion kit" for chevys, but it gives no further info. Will I need that?

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

All ya gotta do is just buy some Warn Premiums...Yank the flanges and all the old full time crap outta there and swap the Warns in. My Front axle is a D44 from a '74 K5 that had the flanges like yours.....It's just a straight swap over. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

You da man! Thanks

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

All the malie marker kits come in two forms. With hubs and without hubs. Go to www.milemarker.com and they list what all the different part numbers are. Summit and jegs sells both. They usualy do the Mile Marker kits as MM-(MileMarker partnumber).
    I just installed the better Mile Marker kit into my 75 replacing the 501 (the cheap kit) kit. Big improvement. I'll be posting a review including the installation very soon. I'll also do a review on the supreme hubs. That kit with the hubs is $325 or so from summit. If this truck is going to see heavy trail use or has front locker I strongly recomend you concider it. MUCH better design and should be a lot stronger and it did remove a fair amount of drive line slop that I had with both stock full time and the 501 part time kit.

5. captain chaos

captain chaos 1/2 ton status

probibly a little late but i have a set of warn premium's that i would sell cheap.
    pm me if interested.

dave