Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ORD's 1" body lift and body mounts

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by shanemcg45, Feb 11, 2005.

1. shanemcg45

shanemcg45 Registered Member

Has anyone here installed Off-Road Designs 1" body lift and new body mounts? I'm rebuilding my 85 K5 from the ground up and swapped out the tires and wheels with 33x12.50x15's on 15x10's. I'm getting some rubbing when I turn now. I'm going to do a 4" suspension lift in a month or so, but am hoping the 1" body lift will be a quick fix for the time being. Is there anything special I need to know before putting on the body lift? Any help would be appreciated.

2. highrlr

highrlr 1/2 ton status

Spray everything with a good penatrating oil well before you do it, and I mean soak everything! Do everything on the suspension also if your putting a lift in too! Even after that have a angle grinder and a sawzall with lots of blades on hand! The 1" wont give you that much clearance but its a good upgrade since all the stock hardware and mounts on my '89 were so rusted it was kinda scary, the 4 bolts in the rear were rusted real thin! and the rest of the truk isnt rusty at all! Oh and you may have to drop your gas tank to gain access to the two rear most bolts, I had too, I also replaced the fuel pump while it was out since it was easy to do at that time. Oh and disconnect the spring for the rear tailgate, I skipped this part, but it woulda been MUCH easier if I had, couldnt figure out why the rear of the body wouldnt lift:confused: , haha!

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Can non-members search??? This is the most common question around here - use the search button, if you can't find enough info there I will reply again.

You should find enough info to write a book ;)