Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oregon beach 4x4 exploring

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by reeser, Apr 10, 2006.

1. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

i went to the oregon coast last weekend for a retreat/vacation and did some very minor exploring in my cousin's nissan armada. i did not realize how cool the beach is and it made me really miss my blazer. we went to pacific city and explored around and we saw a ton of sand toys going to a place just south of tillamook. are there any great places to go? i am planning a return trip w/ my blazer very soon because of how cool it was. thanks.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

just south of tillamook is sand lake http://oregonbushhackers.org/misc/sandlake.shtml you have to have an Oregon atv permit to go there though. it is like $11.50 for a 2 year sticker. you can get it anyplace in Oregon that sells atv's. let us know when you are going down and maybe some of us can make it at the same time.

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Did you guys stay in Lincoln City at all or Pacific City the whole weekend? My cousin lives in Lincoln City. When I went up the Oregon Coast last summer towing home the stepside it was tempting to stop, unload, and take it out onto some of the dunes areas they had open to ORVs a bit further south.

I didn't see beach access for vehicles in Lincoln City... but I'm sure north or south of there it must be open. Was Matt being a very daring driver?

4. reeser

reeser 1/2 ton status

we stayed in lincoln city and went on the beach at pacific city. matt was being a huge wuss with his armada. it wasn't until we saw a subaru wagon that he decided we could drive on the sand. he's a baby. i will go to the place in the link and explore in a few weeks w/ kurt.

5. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I mobbed all over sandlake in my tecel 4x4 wagon :haha: . I only got stuck once but my buddie pulled me out with his 4runner . No I didn't try the big bowls :eek1: as I would have gotten stuck . Beware of sandlake as most of the people there drive like friken idiots and the kid's on atv are even scarier :yikes: .