Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"Oregon Coast"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by backcountry, Oct 15, 2004.

1. backcountry

backcountry 1/2 ton status

\"Oregon Coast\"

I am heading to the Oregon Coast for a week to look at land to purchase. Anyone have a place in mind? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I was thinking about the Depoe Bay area! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Other suggestions would be much appreciated! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thank you! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: \"Oregon Coast\"

For you? I'm sure some here would say about 150 yards off shore,LMAO!!!!

I'd do south coast like Coos Bay or Wincheater Bay.

3. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

depends on what you want it for for dunning winchesterbay area is hard to beat..something closer to portland and sand lake i'd go for pacific city or tillamook but if you want to rent it out when your not there you'll probable have to go for something more toristy(more money).thats the rought my aunt took and there house got paid off in like 5 years just by renting it out.

4. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i like the Newport and Lincoln City area. haven't been up to Seaside but i here its kind of a party town. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

5. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I stayed overnite in" little whale bay" once. very scenic, small, and friendly people, when the waves crash against the stone wall built around the bay the water sprays straight up, really cool being thereto see it , only drawback is it's kinda off the beaten path! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    oops,! I talked to a liberal! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.giffine me 3 pattymelts /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I really like Coos Bay. Check it out.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

newport and depot bay are fine, I also like Lincoln city and Tillamook. Tillamook rocks, if Oregon didn't have Soviet style taxes, I wouldnt mind living in tillamook at all. To the south you have sand lake, to the west the ocean, to the east Tillamook State Forest and the coastal range. Not a bad area at all, especially for 4x4 lovers.

j

8. js4x4

js4x4 1/2 ton status

I have a lot of family in the Newport area, I've visited, and its a nice lil town....but do you really wana live in Nader country? dang bro, your a lil more liberal than i thought! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif