Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oregon DEQ

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chevit, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine ordred his Dodge PU with one ton axels, he tells me that he does not have to do the emmision tests in Oregon because his truck is rated one ton. So if a person was to throw a one ton suspenion under a K5 would that mean that they would not have to pass the emmisions test ?

84 K5, Crate 350, 700r tranny, 3.73 rear, 32 11.50 15, Q-jet

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

depends on what city, Only Portland and some areas of Salem do the DEQ. I'm in Eugene and can do anything to any vehicle. except pulling cats off 79 and newers.

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[censored]Re[censored]: [censored]Oregon[censored] [censored]DEQ[censored]

[censored]It[censored] [censored]would[censored] [censored]have[censored] [censored]to[censored] [censored]come[censored] [censored]from[censored] [censored]the[censored] [censored]factory[censored] [censored]like[censored] [censored]that[censored], [censored]I[censored]'[censored]d[censored] [censored]think[censored], [censored]but[censored] [censored]what[censored] [censored]do[censored] [censored]I[censored] [censored]know[censored]<[censored]img[censored] [censored]src[censored]="[censored]http[censored]://[censored]coloradok5[censored].[censored]com[censored]/[censored]forums[censored]/[censored]images[censored]/[censored]icons[censored]/[censored]tongue[censored].[censored]gif[censored]"> [censored]infact[censored] [censored]I[censored] [censored]thought[censored] [censored]it[censored] [censored]had[censored] [censored]to[censored] [censored]be[censored] [censored]bigger[censored] [censored]than[censored] [censored]1[censored] [censored]ton[censored] [censored]for[censored] [censored]something[censored] [censored]like[censored] [censored]that[censored]...[censored]Call[censored] [censored]em[censored]' [censored]and[censored] [censored]tell[censored] [censored]them[censored] [censored]you[censored] [censored]want[censored] [censored]to[censored] [censored]buy[censored] [censored]a[censored] [censored]brand[censored] [censored]new[censored] [censored]VW[censored] [censored]bug[censored] [censored]and[censored] [censored]don[censored]'[censored]t[censored] [censored]want[censored] [censored]to[censored] [censored]have[censored] [censored]to[censored] [censored]pass[censored] [censored]emissions[censored] [censored]because[censored] [censored]of[censored] [censored]the[censored] [censored]blown[censored] [censored]502[censored] [censored]you[censored] [censored]want[censored] [censored]to[censored] [censored]drop[censored] [censored]in[censored] [censored]it[censored] [censored]and[censored] [censored]if[censored] [censored]putting[censored] [censored]1[censored] [censored]ton[censored] [censored]running[censored] [censored]gear[censored] [censored]under[censored] [censored]it[censored] [censored]would[censored] [censored]make[censored] [censored]you[censored] [censored]exempt[censored]..<[censored]img[censored] [censored]src[censored]="[censored]http[censored]://[censored]coloradok5[censored].[censored]com[censored]/[censored]forums[censored]/[censored]images[censored]/[censored]icons[censored]/[censored]laugh[censored].[censored]gif[censored]"><[censored]br[censored]><[censored]br[censored]><[censored]font[censored] [censored]color[censored]=[censored]blue[censored]> [censored]I[censored]'[censored]d[censored] [censored]rather[censored] [censored]have[censored] [censored]a[censored] [censored]bottle[censored] [censored]in[censored] [censored]front[censored] [censored]of[censored] [censored]me[censored], [censored]than[censored] [censored]a[censored] [censored]frontal[censored] [censored]lobotomy[censored]!

4. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[censored]Re[censored]: [censored]Oregon[censored] [censored]DEQ[censored]

[censored]It[censored] [censored]would[censored] [censored]still[censored] [censored]be[censored] [censored]looked[censored] [censored]at[censored] [censored]and[censored] [censored]tested[censored] [censored]as[censored] [censored]a[censored] [censored]K5[censored]. [censored]Usually[censored] [censored]the[censored] [censored]GVRW[censored] [censored]is[censored] [censored]how[censored] [censored]the[censored] [censored]determination[censored] [censored]is[censored] [censored]made[censored]...
    <[censored]br[censored]>
    <[censored]br[censored]>[censored]Rene[censored]<[censored]br[censored]><[censored]br[censored]><[censored]b[censored]><[censored]i[censored]><[censored]font[censored] [censored]color[censored]=[censored]green[censored]>[censored]Dyslexics[censored] [censored]of[censored] [censored]the[censored] [censored]world[censored]...[censored]UNTIE[censored]!</[censored]i[censored]></[censored]b[censored]></[censored]font[censored] [censored]color[censored]=[censored]green[censored]>
    <[censored]br[censored]><[censored]a[censored] [censored]target[censored]="[censored]_blank[censored]" [censored]href[censored]=[censored]http[censored]://[censored]coloradok5[censored].[censored]com[censored]/[censored]gallery[censored]/[censored]project_T2[censored]> [censored]tRusty[censored] [censored]pics[censored]...</[censored]a[censored]>
    <[censored]br[censored]>

5. Sledge

Sledge Registered Member

I live in Salem, no DEQ here. I know that Medford does it though.

6. Re: [censored]Re[censored]: [censored]Oregon[censored] [censored]DEQ[censored]

WTF![censored]

<font color=blue>You think you're excited, feel my nipples!

</font color=blue>

7. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

Re: [censored]Re[censored]: [censored]Oregon[censored] [censored]DEQ[censored]

huh?

</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://blueknight.alloffroad.com>http://blueknight.alloffroad.com</a>
    "If First you don't succeed, Destroy all attempts you've tried"

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Hey, I'll have you know it took me and Rene about 2 hours to type those out so don't bitch...[​IMG] Apparently when Rene and I were putting in our responses the site exploded,[​IMG][​IMG][CENSORED][​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

[censored]It[censored] [censored]would[censored] [censored]still[censored] [censored]be[censored] [censored]looked[censored] [censored]at[censored] [censored]and[censored] [censored]tested[censored] [censored]as[censored] [censored]a[censored] [censored]K5[censored]. [censored]Usually[censored] [censored]the[censored] [censored]GVRW[censored] [censored]is[censored] [censored]how[censored] [censored]the[censored] [censored]determination[censored] [censored]is[censored] [censored]made[censored]... &lt;[censored]br[censored]&gt; &lt;[censored]br[censored]&gt;[censored]Rene[censored]&lt;[censored]br[censored]&gt;&lt;[censored]br[censored]&gt;&lt;[censored]b[censored]&gt;&lt;[censored]i[censored]&gt;&lt;[censored]font[censored] [censored]color[censored]=[censored]green[censored]&gt;[censored]Dyslexics[censored] [censored]of[censored] [censored]the[censored] [censored]world[censored]...[censored]UNTIE[censored]! &lt;[censored]br[censored]&gt;&lt;[censored]a[censored] [censored]target[censored]="[censored]_blank[censored]" [censored]href[censored]=[censored]http[censored]://[censored]coloradok5[censored].[censored]com[censored]/[censored]gallery[censored]/[censored]project_T2[censored]&gt; [censored]tRusty[censored] [censored]pics[censored]... &lt;[censored]br[censored]&gt;

<hr></blockquote>

Looks like the "Tourette's" reply...[​IMG]

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

LMFAO...

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

11. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

hahaha I thought you guy's were just expressing your dis like for your local emmisions laws. [​IMG]

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

12. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

It's going to go against the VIN so no throwing 1 ton gear under the truck does not make it a one ton and exempt. I bet it is also a Diesel.

Women dig dents and flat paint!
    coloradok5.com/gallery/Grim
    75 Jimmy, Dollar
    Grim-Reaper

13. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Yep it is a diesil, oh well it was just a thought.

84 K5, Crate 350, 700r tranny, 3.73 rear, 32 11.50 15, Q-jet

14. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Actually - The law in Oregon is any rig over 8600 GVW - so just load the K5 up with bricks!

LOL

My new Crewcab is exempt - its 9200 GVW