Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oregon dinner date from hell.

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Corey 78K5, May 17, 2004.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

So Yesterday at about 3:30 I asked My Wife if She wanted to run up to Gold Beach and have some dinner and stay the night. So We get to Gold Beach at about 9:00 and go have dinner. I go to pay for dinner with My check card and the Waitress says it's declined /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif So then We try the Wifes and the same thing happens /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif So I wip out the last of the cash I had and pay /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I figured they had a bad machine or something. Then We go to get a room and the same thing happens /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Lucky for Me I had enough room on My credit card to cover that /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
    So this morning We stoped in Cresent City at a bank We use to see whats up. Found out that the banks system was down /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif So the next time you take a trip make sure you can access your funds befor you go.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

That is down right messed up man.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifthats not right at all.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif

4. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

Wow, I would think the bank would have some back-up systems in place. I've never heard of that before. Good thing you had some cash-in-hand.

5. chubbybob

chubbybob 1/2 ton status

you probably bank with one of the local coastal or smaller banks. your lucky that you atleast could cover your trip with other funds.

I make a lot of trips from vegas to portland area and that is one thing that I always have on my mind when passing through little podunk towns. so now I have two seperate bank accounts just incase.

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you probably bank with one of the local coastal or smaller banks.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ding Ding! We have a winner /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Yeah, and Were shoping for a new bank after that little fiasco /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

7. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

How was Gold Beach? I graduated from High School there. Han't been down that way in a few years. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif