Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Oregon ?'s

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Muley, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

Oregon ?\'s

Looks like I am heading to Portland to pick up a travel trailer I have aquired. I spoke to a buddy at work and he said that the speed limit on I-84 is 55 or 60 mph /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Is this true? I can not see a portion of interstate in the middle of no where having the speed limit that low.

So if some one has traveled I-84 recently between Boise and Portland that can give me the scoop, I would apprecited it.

On another note. Any one going from Portland to Boise in the near future that might the capacity to haul a 5500 pound trailer? Let me know, we might be able to /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

thx

2. Bruiser

Bruiser 1/2 ton status

Re: Oregon ?\'s

Most of it is 65, 55 for trucks, they lower it to 55 for everyone when you pass thru towns. Once you hit idaho though it will jump to 75.

3. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

The speed limit is 65 from the Idaho border until you get into the Portland metro where it drops to 55 thru the major part of the metro area. I may even be able to pick it up and bring it all the way to Salt Lake City for you in August. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I could bring it as far as pendelton if you paid for gas (at least one way) /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

5. Muley

Muley 1/2 ton status

I think I have decided to just make the trip. That gal I am buying it from is kind of semi-flaky, so I would hate to have someone deal with any kind of problems that may arise.

I would appreciate a number or two of anyone in the Portland area, or maybe on the way back to Boise incase I have any problems, or need a make a quick repair to get the trailer road worthy. Supposively everything is fine with the trailer, but I can get a hold of the gal to make sure the lights work.