Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

oregon sand dunes *Coos Bay Or*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chaz88K5, May 28, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

welp just got home about an hour ago from the dunes...lots of fun and lots of carnage...my friends heep blew 2 drive shafts...within about 2 hours of bein there...i crunched my front right fender a little and it pulled away from the bottom of the door about 1/2 inch...i think i might even tweeked the frame a little...the rear fenders on the front part of it my 37"s rubed and bent one side kinda bad and on the other side it riped the fender...and on the 10 hour drive home had to stop about every 75 miles to air up tires and replace broken bolts on my bead locks....i think its time to get rid of the stockton wheel locks...AHHHH..well asside from that...it was awasome...saw lots of boobs hangin out in the breeze..about 50 milion quads swarmin like bees...and there was one bad accident i heard about this weekend...i dident see it because i fell asleep way too early in the night...but from what i heard a early bronco was jumpin a dune and landed on a quad with 2 people on it...neither one had a helmet and one walked away with a broken arm...and the girl that was riding on the back got a broken arm...the right side of her face was kinda crushed in..bleading out of her ear eye and mouth...she was life flighted out..never heard word on how she was doin..asside from that wreck it was the most fun i have ever had 4wheelin...we are already plannin the trip for next year..

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

Cool where did ya go to, Winchester bay or another spot?
    We went to Sand Lake and had a good time.
    50 million quads buzzin like bees is about right.
    All night long too.
    I wheeled a little bit but only took on the lil dunes, my lil 305 is just to far gone now to power up the bigger ones, gonna get hot on getting the 463 out and in the K5.
    Late saturday night Chris got hit by a Bronco and got a gash on his hand but that was the only real carnage.
    All in all a good weekend.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

OK, now how did you crunch a fender on SAND DUNES???? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Ron, Chris who got hit by a Bronco?

5. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i dident really pay attention to what the name of the area was...but it was right by the bay bridge. also there was a area all the locals were callin box car hill they were racing up all night...was the bronco that hit him brown with no front window? if it was we are talkin about the same thing...i was asleep when it happend so i was just gettin the story from other people...so i could be a little off on how it all went down. but i thought it happened at the top of box car.

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

OK, now how did you crunch a fender on SAND DUNES????

<hr></blockquote>

its very easy to do when jumpin...i guess i dident hack my fenders enough to clear the tires...it was fine when i was flexin it but guess not even close for catchin air..but nothin a saw zall cant fix...the only thing i am kinda worried about is the frame...i think i might have tweeked it a little

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Yep, that would do it ! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

Y'all get any pics?

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

yup got pics but need to get them developed...still havent even got the last holister trip developed yet....